some thoughts

Skaldir

formerly known as Unicorn
Nov 3, 2001
Germany
www.kalthallen.de
Do you think it would make sense to clone Dan? Is the same genious cloneable, or does it need the same musical background to create music like he does now?
I hope this thread isn't too strange. :(

much of what Dan "uses" to be creative comes from life experience and influence. Things like attained skills (such as the ability to play drums) would need to be re-learned. So cloning wouldn't work, persay. His intelligence and learning ability would be there, but who's to say that Dan v2.0 would be the same? What if Dan v2.0 didnt want to play in Edge of Sanity?? Bummer.

I thought this was funny, so I asked a Neurologist (brain surgeon) friend of mine... this was his answer:

No...intelligence and creativity are about 75% learned. The theory is that everyone is born with a certain "range" of abilities and that you education and experience move you up or down that range. So if we cloned Einstein, he just may end up as a clerk in the patent office.

We should clone Dan anyway.. so that way, if he get some sort of disease, like heart disease or liver disease, we can kill the clone Dan to give real Dan the organs so he can keep living. Like from that movie Parts: The Clonus Horror where all these people live in this secluded area of Utah, but they think it's the world.. and their dream is to one day go to "America." But what they don't realize is that when they go to America, they're actually going to be killed for their organs.. because they're all clones of U.S. politicians. This one clone escapes and discovers the truth and whatnot.. it's a shitty movie, but the mystery science theater 3000 version of it is hilarious, of course.

Everyone should have his own persoal Dan. :) We're getting too strange guys. ;-) It was more a joke, but intersting that it wouldn work, so that means he's really really unique. Good to have at least one.

That's a shame that we wouldn't have an exact Dan, but that's not to say that I can't have my own personal Dan. I'll make him play the original Dan's material, and if he doesn't play to perfection then I won't feed him. Hmmm, nevermind. :p

I think doing about 100 clones of dan could work ... choosing the best between all of them and making an "all dan swano" band ... and if dan says he's got a problem when singing death metal lets just make more 3 or 4 dans so if one gets his voice fucked another one will replace him.

Physically, Dan would be the same. Personallity,and music intelligence etc. etc. he would need to learn it all over again. Unless you can take the already learned stuff from Original Dan and put it into Clone Dan, he would be a different person totally....

Originally posted by Death Opeth
Physically, Dan would be the same. Personallity,and music intelligence etc. etc. he would need to learn it all over again. Unless you can take the already learned stuff from Original Dan and put it into Clone Dan, he would be a different person totally....

Personality and Musical Intelligence are aquired through life and experience. A clone would not have these traits unless they experienced the exact same day-by-day ife as the host (or whatever). In other words, if you cloned me, you'd still have two idiots, but one would know Photoshop really well. The other wouldn't because it wouldn't have spend 7 years mastering it (no schooling... Photoshop classes are for pussies!).