Some Van Halen news at bloody last!

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
It's not what all you Diamond Dave fans have been wanting to hear for years, but it's good enough for me :headbang:.

Read on:

Although there has been no official word from either camp, it looks like a deal has been done for Sammy Hagar to rejoin Van Halen.
Van Halen have been on-hold since the departure of their third singer Gary Cherone and following Eddie Van Halen's cancer scare. Now it seems the way has been paved for the return of Van Halen as a recording and touring entity with their old singer.
A reformation with Hagar at one point seemed an impossible dream. In 1998, he told BigPond Music how he found out he was out of the band the first time. Van Halen had been recording with David Lee Roth behind his back. Those sessions were used in part on their Best of Vol 1 album. "It actually made it easier for me when they got David Lee Roth back in the band for me to go "well the hell with you guys". This is like really back stabbing. They were rehearsing with Roth for two weeks before I even found out about it. After 10 great years of camaraderie they turn on me like that" he said.
The sessions with Roth were meant to lead to a new album but that fell apart and former Extreme singer Gary Cherone came into the role. That line-up recorded the disastrous 'Three' album.
The last we heard of Van Halen was a year ago with word of the return of David Lee Roth to the frontman job. Roth announced to the media that he had accepted his old position back but then disaster struck again. This time it was the lawyers. Although both sides wanted to the reunion to happen, lawyers got involved and again the reunion fell in a heap.
Roth then did the unthinkable. He went out on tour with Sammy Hagar. The pair gave punters the entire Van Halen collection with the original lead singers in one tight set. While that may sound like a fans dream come true, again problems arose. Hagar and Roth simply didn't get on, tickets sales were in some cases poor and the tour disintegrated.
Now we hear Van Halen have signed a management deal with Irving Azoff. Azoff manages the affairs of The Eagles, Jewel and surprise, surprise Sammy Hagar.
The ducks are lined up. Now all we need to the official word so Irving can start working on the rider for the next tour. Now how did it go again? Was it three pounds of M&Ms with the brown ones removed? Don't forget the Six (6) litres Jack Daniels (black label), Four (4) litres Stolichnaya vodka (80 proof) and One (1) litre Drambuie either Irving. It's a rock and roll band after all. They need to keep up their fluids.

W

I never understood why VH3 did so poorly. It took me a few listens to get into, but before long I really enjoyed it. Still do.

Hope this rumour will encourage Warners to remaster all the Hagar era albums. I'd like CD copies of 5150 and OU812 that don't sound like total crap.

W