Someone aware me on SSD and/or Joey's Samples

gixxsta04

Nov 27, 2010
Superior 2.0/DKFH user here. I've been moving away from the premade midi grooves and programming on a piano roll lately. I think im gonna switch over to SSD but I don't have any experience with it at all. Do I need to buy the metal expansion pack or will the included kits be sufficient for metalcore and gothenburg type sounds? Can I use the joey sturgis samples with SSD and how?

stick with superior 2 (cymbals,toms) and get trigger, use trigger replace kicks and snares...then get the LSD samples,
combine and enjoy the best that virtual drums can offer nowadays.

cheers
S.

Where do I get LSD samples? Did a search but got a lot of random results, not sure which stuff was the latest. Also, I thought trigger was something that was used with acoustic drums?

Search here on the forum. Lasse Lammert the forum GOD made the sample pack. Also Joey Sturgis has great sounding cymbal pack on his site!

The superior cymbals are great I just use Slate for everything but kicks which I use Lasse's stuff. I may be using the new Lasse samples I just got for snares though, still testing the waters.

Where do I get LSD samples? Did a search but got a lot of random results, not sure which stuff was the latest. Also, I thought trigger was something that was used with acoustic drums?

LSD DRUMS

about trigger, i just multiout superior and put trigger on the kick and snare insert, same as i would do on real recorded drums.

cheers
S.

I say Joey's cymbals (really quite good... much better than anything by Slate or Toontrack) + Slate's drums for power/beefyness blended with Lasse's drums for extra realism/dynamics.

I'm intrigued- Any songs where can get an idea of the processed LSD snares/kicks?

@OP search their site it's a plugin

Hey buddy.
just click "add to cart" and you'll be guided through the paypal process
thanks for your interest

I think he is talking about the paypal checkout. .which switches languages but is still obvious if you've used paypal in the past. What language is that anyhow.. it's pretty easy to decipher some of the shtuff. "Probleme beim Einloggen?"

I'm wanting to use the Shoulder Cymbals on my band's new EP but idk what to do about the room sound for cymbals.
Is there already room mics mixed in with Shoulder City, or would using Superior's room be good enough (or would Superior's room just be a bad idea to mix in because it's totally different cymbals)?

EDIT: Dammit, had too many UM tabs open and posted this in the wrong thread..

@mstone
This is actually a decent thread to post that in lol.
But I remember Joey posting that the cymbal packs do have room mics in them.
But they don't have enough room IMO. So I trigger Slate room with the Joey samples, but SD room would be fine too.
Just duplicate the MIDI track and use SD as the instrument input (obviously), and get your midi notes lined-up correctly, and turn down all of the close mics in SD cymbals. Tweak some stuff too so they blend decently.