Someone can mix my stems??. (instrumental rock)

just like that, really? Mix4U instant, another happy nonpaying customer, is that what this place is supposed to be?

I can also bet 500$ and my left testicle those aren't "stems"

I can't wait to be told I'm inconsiderate and "wasn't taught how to be helpful the same way".

DanLight, could you tell me what is a stem. Like, I know what it is somehow but not exactly.. fully mixed track with pan/comp/eq or simply cleaned dry tracks or wut.

I asked cause I got that "deluxe" Dream Theater album with the stems and when i put them togetter it didn't sound like the real tune.

I will mix that soon. But i dont have time now

And i cant re record that again thats a simply test of a friends chinese strato. And i dont have yet.

Sorry for the tempo issues.

Plendakor said:
DanLight, could you tell me what is a stem. Like, I know what it is somehow but not exactly.. fully mixed track with pan/comp/eq or simply cleaned dry tracks or wut.

I asked cause I got that "deluxe" Dream Theater album with the stems and when i put them togetter it didn't sound like the real tune.

Don't know about the Dream Theater ones, but here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/745058-fucks-sake-raw-tracks-not-stems.html

Jherrera: Hermano, entiende que se toma de muy mala manera como lo "pides", porque ni siquiera lo pides, solo publicas las pistas y dices el tempo, como si esto fuera un servicio automatizado de robots que bajan pistas, mezclan y entregan sin una sola palabra. Ni siquiera dices si esto es solo para probar, o quieres que alguien lo mezcle y promocionar tu banda. Etc. A menudo la gente pide que le mezclen algo (rara vez esperan que se haga gratis), y muy a menudo gente deja pistas simplemente por "practica", pero nadie nunca pone solo un link y se sienta a esperar así como así. Entiendo que puede haber una barrera de idioma, pero yo creo que como mínimo todo el mundo sabe decir "please".

Ya entiendo. Ese es justo mi problema. Mi ingles es muy deficiente

Solo he subido esto por compartir. no me interesa para nada el que me hagan una mezcla ya que esto solo lo hago por compartir y comparar resultados.

Aun asi muchas gracias !!!!

Thanks for everyone!!!

jherrera said:
Ya entiendo. Ese es justo mi problema. Mi ingles es muy deficiente

Solo he subido esto por compartir. no me interesa para nada el que me hagan una mezcla ya que esto solo lo hago por compartir y comparar resultados.

Aun asi muchas gracias !!!!

Thanks for everyone!!!

Entiendo, no hay ningún problema eso se hace aquí muy a menudo, lo que pasa es que en principio no quedaba claro. No lo he bajado, pero lo haré a ver que tal, aunque si es como ya se dijo y las pistas no están muy bien ejecutadas, no creo que mucha gente lo haga porque eso implica el mas aburrido y largo trabajo de editar, y eso no se suele hacer por diversión, al contrario de mezclar.

For anyone interested, this is being posted by Jherrera for mixing practice simply to share and possibly compare results so feel free to post your mixes. I'm just helping as a translator.

stems are basically pre-mixed groups of tracks that are ready to be slapped together. they're usually used for "stem mastering", which is where you essentially give the ME control of the volume level of groups of the mix rather than them dealing with just a final stereo mix. a typical stem session would consist only of drums, guitars, bass, vocals, keys, and maybe a couple more of various/assorted sounds or instruments.

stems are basically pre-mixed groups of tracks that are ready to be slapped together. they're usually used for "stem mastering", which is where you essentially give the ME control of the volume level of groups of the mix rather than them dealing with just a final stereo mix. a typical stem session would consist only of drums, guitars, bass, vocals, keys, and maybe a couple more of various/assorted sounds or instruments.
Stems are the recordings of each individual track. They can have processing or not. They are usually panned (L or R) and balanced (Volume), but not always.

No, that term has been terribly misused lately. Stems means processed tracks, "raw tracks" or "multitracks" is what you are referring to.
I beg to disagree. When I export any tracks from my DAW, I have the option to export as different file formats, (wav, mp3, aif, etc). I ALSO have the ability to export either the Stems, or the mixdown, and I can export each individual track, as well as any Bus and/or Master output. Then I can save them to disk and/or import them to a track(s) in the current project or a new project. I trust the guys at Presonus to NOT misuse the word Stems, for they've been in music Production for a few more years than you have, I'm safe to guess, In audio production, when talking about what kind of package to send to the mastering engineer. If I were to send him a package of submixes along with the full stereo mixdown, we usually call that "sending the stems". We just refer to them as "premixes" in the Studio. A premix don't often get referred to as "stems" until they are sent to me, the Mixing Engineer.
Now, we use the term Multitrack, which often refers to the group of tracks pulled from the Engineer's Console. These are usually mixed, and/or Mastered tracks of a finished product, (that is, one thaat has already been balanced, gain adjusted, and time-stamped. This helps facilitate the re-recording of parts and/or doing remixes of a finished product). This is the terminology we use in our studio AND with our various clients. Thank you for your patience in reading this post.

I beg to disagree. When I export any tracks from my DAW, I have the option to export as different file formats, (wav, mp3, aif, etc). I ALSO have the ability to export either the Stems, or the mixdown, and I can export each individual track, as well as any Bus and/or Master output. Then I can save them to disk and/or import them to a track(s) in the current project or a new project. I trust the guys at Presonus to NOT misuse the word Stems, for they've been in music Production for a few more years than you have, I'm safe to guess, In audio production, when talking about what kind of package to send to the mastering engineer. If I were to send him a package of submixes along with the full stereo mixdown, we usually call that "sending the stems". We just refer to them as "premixes" in the Studio. A premix don't often get referred to as "stems" until they are sent to me, the Mixing Engineer.
Now, we use the term Multitrack, which often refers to the group of tracks pulled from the Engineer's Console. These are usually mixed, and/or Mastered tracks of a finished product, (that is, one thaat has already been balanced, gain adjusted, and time-stamped. This helps facilitate the re-recording of parts and/or doing remixes of a finished product). This is the terminology we use in our studio AND with our various clients. Thank you for your patience in reading this post.

Yet stems ARE processed tracks, usually even busses.