SOMEONE PLEASE HELP WITH THIS MIX!!

Cool song! to me it feels lacking in warmth I can hear and feel everything from around 300 and up bu the low end seems lacking. also some punch over all. maybe some mastering tools. Very cool song though!

Cool song! to me it feels lacking in warmth I can hear and feel everything from around 300 and up bu the low end seems lacking. also some punch over all. maybe some mastering tools. Very cool song though!

Thanks for your input. Im not really happy with the mix yet. I have izotope ozone which will add some punch in the low end.

The band is called Blockade from Adelaide.

I think it sounds really good. But...

This band (or you) went to the trouble of strategically placing guitar feedback in certain places to get that live "we don't give a shit" punk feel (isn't it interesting that we often take great care to make it seem like we don't care?), and I think maybe the overall production quality is too high to achieve that feel.

Also, this isn't what you asked, but I think the faster parts should be faster than they are. You could get a cool Minor Threat kind of thing going, but it's just not fast enough to achieve that kind of energy.

It was cool hearing some old style punk though, albeit with metal-sounding production.

I think it sounds really good. But...

This band (or you) went to the trouble of strategically placing guitar feedback in certain places to get that live "we don't give a shit" punk feel (isn't it interesting that we often take great care to make it seem like we don't care?), and I think maybe the overall production quality is too high to achieve that feel.

Also, this isn't what you asked, but I think the faster parts should be faster than they are. You could get a cool Minor Threat kind of thing going, but it's just not fast enough to achieve that kind of energy.

It was cool hearing some old style punk though, albeit with metal-sounding production.

Thanks for the feedback. We recorded 9 songs at the rehearsal studio in a day, all the feedback was played live, but i know what you mean.

This is my old band which used to play metal/grind/hardcore but always with a punk kind of vibe if not so much punk music. These days I am not in the band and I guess they are going a bit more punk but I think they are still pretty metal in parts. You probably need to hear more songs though i guess.

Ive improved this mix a bit i think and Ive mastered it using ozone the link is below. As you said though the mix is pretty metal. Its all I know how to do! This is my first time doing a recording and mix so Im just using what I know and what I have learnt on this website.

If you or anyone have any input on the mix itself it would be much appreciated. I have to get the final mix to the band in a week. Thanks.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15165816/STINK OZONE.m4a

The improved version is less muddy, and has better separation.

Good job!!

Thanks.

If any one has any negative feedback I would be happy to hear it.
This is my first real mix of a band ive recorded and Id like to learn from this experience to make my next mixes better.

Any feedback negative or positve would be awesome.