Something I noticed about Guitar Pro tabs...

Ben Johnson

SSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Jan 17, 2006
Chicago
In comparison between the tabs and the actual songs off the album, a lot of the guitar pro tabs seem to be set about 10-20% faster than the actual songs. After being upset for so long "I'll never play as fast as I'd like to," playing the solos from Kissing the Shadows was much easier than before. So before you throw your hands up in frustration and put the guitar away, compare the tempo of the guitar pro tab to the album tempo. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Furthermore, I've yet to come across a completely accurate tab. For God's sake, use your ears! It'll make you a better player. And get a program like Amazing Slow Downer http://www.ronimusic.com/ to make transcribing music easier. :kickass:

Rock Hydra said:
I did notice the same. I also noticed, that GP5 seems to play the tabs slightly faster than GP4 for some reason. I thought it was just me.

Huh. Maybe it does speed up everything. Now that I think of it, I've been working on Far Beyond the Sun, and I know Yngwie's a scary fast player, but he can't be THAT fast...no human is! I'll have to check Rising Force as well. Hell, I'll have to check everything.

GP5 is bollocks, by the way. That realistic sound engine makes everything sound godawful. I'm glad I didn't pay for it. I paid enough for GP4.

Ben Johnson said:
In comparison between the tabs and the actual songs off the album, a lot of the guitar pro tabs seem to be set about 10-20% faster than the actual songs. After being upset for so long "I'll never play as fast as I'd like to," playing the solos from Kissing the Shadows was much easier than before. So before you throw your hands up in frustration and put the guitar away, compare the tempo of the guitar pro tab to the album tempo. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Furthermore, I've yet to come across a completely accurate tab. For God's sake, use your ears! It'll make you a better player. And get a program like Amazing Slow Downer http://www.ronimusic.com/ to make transcribing music easier. :kickass:

LoL this is news to me...I will compare with the actual song and if its true im gonna get pissed....

Yeah, I noticed that the GP version of Highway Star is faster than the real version too. The person who tabbed it also put like 10 extra bars of riffs under the keyboard solo and some other extra stuff in places. It's weird. I also noticed in the GP version of Far Beyond the Sun the person who tabbed it put some notes which are completely skipped over when you play the tab. It makes it look like Yngwie is too fast for Guitar Pro.

Ben Johnson said:
Huh. Maybe it does speed up everything. Now that I think of it, I've been working on Far Beyond the Sun, and I know Yngwie's a scary fast player, but he can't be THAT fast...no human is! I'll have to check Rising Force as well. Hell, I'll have to check everything.

GP5 is bollocks, by the way. That realistic sound engine makes everything sound godawful. I'm glad I didn't pay for it. I paid enough for GP4.

I don't use RSE, cause it sucks balls. But I prefer the way the tabs read compared to GP4.

Ben Johnson said:

ben johnson? are you taking steroids?

Hmm so 10-20% faster... :ill: So do you mean that the program plays them faster than the tempo should be? Like for example if the tempo is set to 200 beats/minute then let's say the program plays it at 220 beats or something?

<-Warheart-> said:
Actually, I think he means that the tempo of the guitar pro tabs are faster than the actual songs.

Right. I'd be more inclined to believe that they're faster because people made them that way, than there being a "glitch" in the software.

Yeah well it's not such a problem is it if it's only the thing that the people who made the tabs put the tempo too high.

_DJ_british_motard_ said:
Also if theres, for exemple, 3 notes-per-strings, theres a little delay when changing strings that gp doesnt count.

Unless you put a downstroke/upstroke thing there.