Something I've wondered for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. Just like that? Pretty tough having to communicate across the ocean. yanic works in a medical institute far away in the states right? how does he manage his time with the band? I'v seen a few of my relatives and friends who are doctorates and they dont seem to have time for anything.

Hey Will was always session, he only played 4 or 5 solos on the last record, I recorded all the guitars except his solos on the album.
QV works at a demanding pace and sometimes the schedules don't work out.

whoa ok. yes basically i like yer idea on having sessionists rather than askin them to commit as soon as they join the band. It takes time to build a bond and like they say there must b chemistry. Im following the same principle for my own band, i have only 3 permanent members including meself and the rest are sessionists until we find someone 100% suitable.

But theres something i dont get in one interview i noticed they aknowledged Will as "lead guitarist"..how is that? Or is it just a standard way to aknowledge a guitarist in a band with 2 lead guitarists?

Will asked for it and since we're nice guys we put it in, the logic was - he only played leads. Maybe it is misleading (no pun intended) since he only plays a few minutes on the record ;)
It should have said "guest solos" - and he already is listed in the guest musicians on the credits.
As for the session members approach, many bads do this, Death/Control Denied, Iced Earth, Cradle, Cryptopsy, Testament and the list goes on... There is also an advantage - session musicians often have other primary projects of their own and they know how difficult it is to build something from the ground-up and make it successfull - which is something you only find out with experience. The maturity level as well as musicianship leads to mutual respect with no one taking things for granted - and that is good for everyone.

Yeah yer definitely right. Not taking things for granted..that is key. Cryptopsy? Well as long as Alex Auburn and Flo Mounier plays :lol: Anyway great work with the set in Defiant Indoctrination where ye bring in Alex for Legions of the Betrayed!

Hey Neverpurified,
Someone sent me the link to your question, so i figured id post a response.
But first, I gotta say that I cant believe that bart is still saying that same tired old line of "who's arie and remy?" I swear Ive heard him say that for the last 5 years now everytime someone askes him in an interview why I left the band. Just to set things straight, I wrote and recorded 85% of Day Into Night and a hell of a lot more than 50% on Forever. Passage in Time and the song for the Noel dans la rue compilation wouldnt have existed either without me, as well as the violin parts we recorded and did live, so I really dont know why people keep telling me that they hear bart saying that same thing everywhere he goes.
As for why I left, I think you can tell by now that the band didnt have the greatest relationship with each other as bandmates. There's a reason I quit, Remy quit, our tour manager quit and newer members quit QV. My only other option was fighting it out to try and kick bart out, but I had pretty much had enough of him, so i decided to leave the band that I created. Also, speaking as a person who has been classically trained in music since he was three and who has attended the conservatory of quebec, the musicianship by a certain member of the band, especially live, just didnt cut it for me.
If youd like to know more, feel free to email me anytime at guitarsounds2005@hotmail.com
As for my new band that Im in the midst of starting up, check out our temporary website at Official Jester Website - Arie Itman
Remy is in that band as well. We'll be updating the site with our new drummer and info very shortly.
Thanks for your support and kind words.
Arie

whoa..

ARIE WAS HERE

#$%#EG$%

!!!

:lol:

any of u still w/ questions i suggest u dont post here, rather email directly ;)

anyway good luck to Arie and Remy, and their band!

Hey Neverpurified,
Someone sent me the link to your question, so i figured id post a response.
But first, I gotta say that I cant believe that bart is still saying that same tired old line of "who's arie and remy?" I swear Ive heard him say that for the last 5 years now everytime someone askes him in an interview why I left the band. Just to set things straight, I wrote and recorded 85% of Day Into Night and a hell of a lot more than 50% on Forever. Passage in Time and the song for the Noel dans la rue compilation wouldnt have existed either without me, as well as the violin parts we recorded and did live, so I really dont know why people keep telling me that they hear bart saying that same thing everywhere he goes.
As for why I left, I think you can tell by now that the band didnt have the greatest relationship with each other as bandmates. There's a reason I quit, Remy quit, our tour manager quit and newer members quit QV. My only other option was fighting it out to try and kick bart out, but I had pretty much had enough of him, so i decided to leave the band that I created. Also, speaking as a person who has been classically trained in music since he was three and who has attended the conservatory of quebec, the musicianship by a certain member of the band, especially live, just didnt cut it for me.
If youd like to know more, feel free to email me anytime at guitarsounds2005@hotmail.com
As for my new band that Im in the midst of starting up, check out our temporary website at Official Jester Website - Arie Itman
Remy is in that band as well. We'll be updating the site with our new drummer and info very shortly.
Thanks for your support and kind words.
Arie
hmmmm, I remember seeing the Jester news way back a few years ago but nothing seemed to have materialized since then... Bart must be doing something right after all, Defiant Imagination is all him and it doesn't sound amateurish at all, it's a great record in my opinion ( that many others seem to share on this board )... Yanic's drumming is very outstanding as well... so, like Chuck(RIP) put it back in the day, support music not rumors...just my 2 cents...

Thanks Jorg for your comments...I usually dont respond to what bart says about me, especially on public forums, but it really is getting tiresome to hear the same thing from him all the time, especially since it's my music that Quo Vadis has the rights to and is playing. It isnt that difficult to take a successful band and keep it going AFTER three albums have been recorded. You need to realize that bart kept the name of the band, and all my recordings. If you had recorded and wrote most of the music to a band as i did and dedicated ten years of your life to a band who then turned around and made childish comments such as "who is Arie and Remy" over and over again, plus other ones, Im sure you wouldnt be too happy.
As for your rumours comment...they arent rumours, I'm the one saying it.
Also, Jester has been put on hold because I was out of town for law school, and I just came back to do the bar exams. Now that I am working as a lawyer and back in Montreal, I plan on getting Jester off the ground. Knowing that i was going to return here, I wanted to wait to play with the line-up I had planned on playing with all along, which included Remy and Rob.
Arie

Defiant Imagination is a masterpiece, but nobody can disagree that the first 2 or 3 albums with Arie and Remy are the basis for the greatness of Quo Vadis :) The current core members Bart, Yanic & Stephan are very good at what they do, but so were Arie and Remy.

I hope differences can be resolved and relations reconciled.

Anyhow, a band's musical history will forever bear each and every band member's name in its material, nobody will be forgotten. Cheers to Metal!

To the few of you interested in this personal melodrama, the accusations on the orkut interview are lies and half truths of an inflated ego. This is pure jealousy and has no credibility. Just ask yourself what type of serious musician has the time to go to forums and insult ex-bandmembers with who they worked for 10 years? If we were so bad, why were they there for 10 years in the first palce? What type of person needs to put down other people to make themselves look good?
This is certainly not someone I would recommend working with in the future. And certainly not someone who's first priority is music. We don't want to and we don't have time to engage in this juvenile argument. We want this forum to be positive place so please just go away and take your jealousy with you.

People can say what they want, we let the music speak for us.
Thanks to everyone for your interest, just please remember there are always two sides to every story. This is my final comment on this topic.
Cheers!

eh, IMO, just delete this thread. If you guys got questions to Arie, e-mail em to him. Kinda sucks to see the 2 of you getting in such an argument about who did what. You're both great musicians, but this thread kinda ruins your image.

and IMHO a public forum just doesnt cut it for this kinda discussion..especially for us who are outsiders to internal issues.

+1 for lock

I completely agree, but censorship is not the answer either. Like I said I do not engage in discussions on this issue. This was my first public response to an accusation in 5 years. The claims have grown more outrageous with every year and I will not tolerate this crap on our forum. In the past I preferred to just deflect the issue with a joke - jokes are always better then bitter comments ;) and how many people really care about what I think about ex members – I thought it was music that counts.

On the Quo Vadis side so many other positive things have happened in the past 5 years and they are the result of hard work and dedication. The band has grown 10 fold since 2002 and it's just ridiculous to live in the past for us.
If we had done nothing since 2002 then maybe an old personal melodrama and sensationalist comments would be the only thing we could talk about. It's funny how the people who make outrageous claims haven't produced a single peace of music in 5 years. Many things are not what they seem; this is why the music – and in some cases the lack of it - should be your answer to what went wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.