Something to do tonight 7/9 :)

Steph Harris

Maidens' Bass
Not sure how many of you would be into this, but if you're free tonight:.
Bring your picnic basket and a bottle of wine and enjoy the ocean breeze at a FREE outdoor classical concert with The Marina Del Rey Summer Symphony at
Burton Chace Park
13650 Mindanao Way
Marina Del Rey, CA
Thurs, July 9, 7-9 pm
Here's the program: Carmina Burana/Carl Orff (music from the movie "The Omen"), Serenade to Music/Ralph Vaughan Williams, and Gloria /Francis Poulenc.

The Carmina Burana is a bit of a complicated piece consisting of a full choir,soloists, and full orchestra. It's rare that you get to see a piece like this for free so I'd recommend it. The Baritone (sorry don't know his name) is really exceptional -normally, every time I play this, the soloist is kind of a "light" baritone because there is a lot in the upper range..but this guy was really awesome. Hopefully I'll see some of you there. I'll be in the bass section. :)

For more info, please call (310)305-9545

Damn, you guys are doing Carmina Burana? That's awesome! That happens to be my all-time favorite classical piece - not just because Excalibur is one of my all-time favorite movies. :)

Best of luck on your show, Wanda. :headbang:

dam, sorry i missed it- i just saw this thread, my friend i havent seen in several months gave me a tik to another show the same night so i could go with. keep us posted, catch you next time (and sunday)

Oh, I'm sorry I missed it too! Good music, and the ocean breeze.....that sounds awesome! I'm likin' the wine, too! I'll try to make it next time. Hope it turned out well.

Thumbs up of respect to you to be playing in a symphony orchestra. Alot of rock musicians don't have the sight reading skills for such a gig. You sure raise the bar.

Alot of rock musicians don't have the sight reading skills for such a gig.

Uh, they can if they, like, take lessons and, uh, work with a teacher. Look in the back of any musician magazine. It's all tabulature.

Of course, this does remind me of the old joke: "How do you confuse a rock guitarist? Put sheet music in front of him."

Wanda,
missed this one. Will host the next one on My People Connection website. See you there!