SOMETHING UNTO NOTHING Releases 'Nomad' EP, Video

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
New rock supergroup SOMETHING UNTO NOTHING (S.U.N.) — featuring multi-platinum Canadian vocalist and Juno Award winner Sass Jordan, with Brian Tichy (WHITESNAKE, BILLY IDOL, FOREIGNER, OZZY OSBOURNE) on guitar, Michael Devin (WHITESNAKE, KENNY WAYNE SHEPHERD) on bass and Tommy Stewart (GODSMACK, LO PRO, EVERCLEAR, FUEL) on drums — has released a follow-up single and video for the "Nomad (Rock Radio Edit)", along with three new songs on Robo Records, wherever digital music is sold. The "Nomad" EP features a new "rock radio" version of the single "Nomad". James Wood of GuitarWorld.com raved about the music, calling it "reminiscent of the classic big album sounds of the 1970s. It's raw, real music from the days when records were played on a turntable and cranked up to 10." The EP also features two stunning cover songs of core classic rock artists, the Neil Young classic "Hey Hey My My" and a live acoustic guitar version of Paul McCartney's monster piano ballad "Maybe I'm Amazed", "one of the best songs ever written," according to Tichy and Jordan. The other new song on the EP is the explosive "Going Going Gone". Tichy describes it as "all melody and power chords. It's old JOURNEY meets Joe Walsh." He adds: "And the snare drum sounds killer!" S.U.N. released its debut album, "Something Unto Nothing", to rave reviews in 2013 and is currently working on its sophomore release. "We've already completed about six songs, but have decided to release this EP in the meantime due to popular demand," says Jordan.The members of S.U.N. are grateful for all the support and positive feedback. "All of us in S.U.N. are psyched the album and new EP are both available in stores and that we have been getting great reviews from the media and fans alike," says Brian. "You would have thought we were paying people to write this stuff! I had to ask Sass if she was mailing out checks for all these great words of support and high accolades!" "Nomad" EP track listing: 01. Nomad (Rock Radio Edit) 02. Hey Hey My My (Into The Black) 03. Going Going Gone 04. Maybe I'm Amazed (Sass Jordan & Brian Tichy - Live Acoustic Stomp)

More...