Something Wild Song Survivor Round 1

fivemagics77

Jan 10, 2004
this is a cool thing that people did on the megadeth boards. the person would post one of these everyday and we would vote of the song we liked least, then once we had only 2 songs left, we would vote for our fav, we'll do this for all 4 studio bodom albums, then at the end, when we have the 4 best songs (according to votes) we'll have an ultimate song survivor
remember VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE!

shit, can you post polls?type in the name of your least fav. song

in the shadows

I suggest taking your head out of your ass, we had already thread like this.

so you propose everyone listen to bland techincal displays of instrument wizardy, something that probably wont even help a person come out of a sad spell or anything like that? fuck you. If we didnt have catchiness in ANYTHING we listen to , whether it be bodom, or god knows what else, it'd all SUCK. plain and simple.

theres also a difference between catchiness and listenability. certain sounds and musical combinations are more pleasing to the ears than others. and theres no way in hell you can compare any true bodom fan (nevermind bodoms music) to some sissy-punk, limpwristed pop fan who listens to shitty 3 chord melodies with bad vox and loves it. technical skill along with great musicianship and listenable songs is what makes a band/songs great.

and just the fact that people here listen to CoB is a step above, oh say, Linkin Park fans who if they listened to CoB and could even comprehend the greatness....their heads would explode

RockBodom said:
so you propose everyone listen to bland techincal displays of instrument wizardy, something that probably wont even help a person come out of a sad spell or anything like that? fuck you. If we didnt have catchiness in ANYTHING we listen to , whether it be bodom, or god knows what else, it'd all SUCK. plain and simple.

Hmm, did I say that? Funny how I don't remember. Why don't you quote me where I said that, Mr. Assumption? I'm not sure what was going through your head, but I didn't even remotely imply any of what you said.

The fact that almost everyone immediately voted out every single song that didn't have super-catchy melodies or choruses is just that: a fact. It's pretty sad. I've seen the same thing in all sorts of bands. 98% of metalheads absolutely despise popular music for relying on catchiness, and then turn the other way and proclaim Needled 24/7 (just an example, this applies to many songs by almost any band) the ultimate song ever. Okay? Live with it. I was just pointing out a fact, and then my opinion: that it was disappointing... hypocrisy is always disappointing... I never said anything that you said. In fact, I agree with you. Next time, don't assume so much. :err:

@spellbound: I don't care if you have a grudge against me. I've already forgotten what it was about... so why don't you stop saying "YEAH! SO THERE!" or however else you put it, every time someone responds to me? :lol: It's a rhetorical question, anyway.

well my opinion is the catchier the better. if its not catchy then its not as intresting to listen to. thats why bodom is so good, when you hear the songs you are intstantly pulled in and its like they take you to a different place. if its not catchy then it is more boring to listen to.

HauknessX said:
well my opinion is the catchier the better. if its not catchy then its not as intresting to listen to. thats why bodom is so good, when you hear the songs you are intstantly pulled in and its like they take you to a different place. if its not catchy then it is more boring to listen to.

Unfortunately, catchiness "runs out". If you keep listening over and over, eventually (or quickly) you get sick of hearing the same catchy melodies and you no longer get pulled into a different place. That's why I appreciate so many other things, like the structure of the song, and the overall flow... as well as innovation and if appropriate improvisation... among other things. Lots of ppl just listen for catchiness, and little else.

heh it's funny how threads get morphed into things so different from what they began. It was open hostility on the first reply... :lol:

dilema1362 said:
and just the fact that people here listen to CoB is a step above, oh say, Linkin Park fans who if they listened to CoB and could even comprehend the greatness....their heads would explode

why do all you people have to down Linkin Park at every given chance?? they're not metal and don't try to be so don't make them out as if they're a joke! just because they're played on pop stations doesn't mean that they're not talented musicians.

i've had a variety of musical training for the past 9 years. i recognize the complexity in COB's music. they're all very talented. Linkin Park is not even in the same genre... don't compare! :yell: :yell: :yell:

I love Linkin Park and I love COB. my head hasn't exploded.

learn to appreciate all music. maybe that is what will make YOUR head explode.

Reactions: Raistlin1980