Somethingawful.com's take on metal

tsorl

Borne on Wings of Steel
Aug 3, 2003
Finland
www.ollischroderus.fi
Metal is featured today on SA's ever-entertaining "Your Band Sucks" feature, check it out.

And yeah, it's a comedy website and not to be taken very seriously... for there surely is not a hint of truth in that article... :err: :saint:

As he said the world is populated by millions of idiots, and he's the king of them all. Not funny even on pot and booze.

Somethingawful.com is one of the most retarded websites. They think that everything sucks.

I wasn't much amused myself. Poundingmetal is right. He is trying at the kind of humor Maddox does quite well, but fails.

"it’s music for misfit nerds, sociopaths, big-haired whores and mulleted heshers."

Hahaha! I've been called worse.

What kind of Doctor has time to waste to write a blog on music? DR. David Thorpe? I don't know what his area of expertise is but I am smart enough to know that anyone who uses "DR." as a title could spend his time on better things to do than calling people he never meet mulleted heshers.

But thats just my opinon:heh:

Not even Metal fans should be subjected to that torture!:lol:

nanner.gif

Fucking funny. He is right Rap and R&B are so much better than metal they have great lyrical content like spank that ass pop that beaver and shoot that cop.

THe guy writing this is reasonably intelligent. He writes fairly well, but he is not very informed on things and knows very little about metal music. He wouldn't last five minutes with many intelligent metal-heads I know in a discussion about the relevance of metal.

Bryant

Pathetic article. Did he actually mention ONE single argument for why metal sucks? He was whining on and on about what idiots we are and how horrible stupid the metal bands are, but he actually forgot about concrete arguments.
And he did not mention any bands, except ... uh, classic rock and Iron Maiden. Maybe because, as he says himself - he cannot listen to metal? Would be a good idea to NOT write articles about metal then. :cool:

Don't tell me there's still someone taking this seriously?!
Since you do not take it seriously, and the article is not funny, why did you post it? Basically, it is pure abusive crap, only written to exasperate you, not to make you vainglorious because your favourite music is being mentioned.

If you don't take it seriously.. which the article in no way is.. then its pretty funny in my opinion. Just read some of his other articles and you will see how much of a serious music journalist he is. And as a goon there are alot of metalheads in the SA ranks.

Too easy, there is no substance, I could have written this in a fraction of the time that this guy used up, except more concrete and longer, maybe then it would have gained a laugh, if not, meh.