Sonata Arctica Photos 26/01/06

Tuska was a lot of fun. I went two out of the three days. The weather was great, over all it was a really good time. The only problem was that a lot of the bands I wanted to see all played at the same time, Wintersun/Arch Enemy is one example. And the tiny tiny tent stage for Arch Enemy and Kalmah was a real low blow.

Ankkarock was a great time. The festival grounds are located about a 6 minute walk from my house so any shows I missed I could hear perfectly from my home. I was very excited because I got a chance to see Danko Jones play. I've been a fan since he released his first single in Canada and I've heard about how entertaining his shows are. Well it was VERY worth it. I think he should have a lot more fans and more publicity then he gets now. Children of Bodom performed probably their best performance I had ever seen. Alexi wasn't nearly as sloppy as when I saw them in November 2005. Amorphis, Sonata Arctica, PMMP, were all VERY GOOD. Even this tiny Alexi clone (probably about 14-15 years old) shredded the fuck out of the stage. It was called Mirror of Madness and I recommended... if you can find anything. I can't.

EDIT: Oh and Ankkarock was fucking HOT AS HELL. And very windy/dusty.