Sonata Arctica - Unia

Tonberry

Cutthroat Crusader
Sep 1, 2004
Plymouth
www.google.com
Finally we can reveal what you've all been waiting for. Below you can find the tracklists, release dates (Europe) and artworks of both Sonata Arctica's new studio album "Unia" and the single "Paid In Full".

uniacover.jpg

Tracklist Unia:

01. In Black And White
02. Paid In Full
03. For The Sake Of Revenge
04. It Won't Fade
05. Under Your Tree
06. Caleb
07. The Vice
08. My Dream's But A Drop Of Fuel For A Nightmare
09. The Harvest
10. The Worlds Forgotten, The Words Forbidden
11. Fly With The Black Swan
12. Good Enough Is Good Enough

Release: 25.05.2007

paidinfullcover.jpg

Tracklist Paid In Full (Single):

1. Paid in Full (radio edit)
2. Out in the Fields (Gary Moore cover)
3. Paid in Full

Release: 27.04.2007

Songs sound terrible until you hear them. Seriously how bad does "Under Your Tree" sound? :lol:

Sounds like a Rush song... then again they did release "Where's My Thing." Legends.

It will probabily be the best song on there and blow us all away haha.

By the way, does anyone know what that news story on their site about Jani is all about? I really should learn some Finnish lol.

Yeah, he's had to be replaced for the upcoming tour. All Finnish guys have to serve time in the army...6 months I think and Jani's time to be called up was now. It's only temporary but the guy they've got in to replace him for the tour (I forget his name) is really very impressive.

I recieved a promo copy of Unia today, and I must say its a bit "ballad heavy" for my taste, with 3 full blown ballads, and nearly everyone song having a slow piano section with quiet vocals. This is not to say that the music isn't excellent, the album as a whole just feels "slower" than the speedy upbeat Ecliptica or Silence for example.

I've managed to listen to the album and to be honest although it's not as good as albums past it's no where near as bad as people are making out! It's a good listen! Plenty of solos and although it sounds a little avante guarde in places it's nothing you don't expect from Sonata

SONATA ARCTICA GO UNIA ON MAY 28:
Sonata Arctica will release their new album Unia on May 28 via Nuclear Blast/Riot. Tony Kakko from the band commented:
"This album is by far the best from us thus far! A cliché to say but it really is. For me the only Sonata album thus far I've been able to listen until I'm bored with it... The most versatile Sonata album yet, more hooky , heavier in many ways, beautiful melodies, bigger production... like soul food! My personal highlights include My Dream's but a Drop of Fuel for a Nightmare which is very theatrical piece of... well, arty rock. But hey, I always like the weird songs better. Be sure, you can still also find your "normal" Sonata Arctica on the record.
People should not get too hooked on the words like "change", they're bound to hear and read when they go through magazines. But sure as hell we did not redo something we've done before! "Unia". It's like a treasure hunt, might demand some work to get there, going through in clue at time, but in the end it's a rewarding adventure. As every great album should be." WebLinks: www.sonataarctica.info / www.myspace.com/sonataarctica.