Sonata Arctica! Who is going?

Snowy Owl

OSA Co-founder
Sep 12, 2005
A tree in Middletown, PA
Figured I would start one here too! :)

Well, as some of you may know, Sonata Arctica is back to kick your asses for one more round in the States. I really respect for this band for picking up the ball and running with it when Nightwish cancelled their tour. They put on a sweet live show, especially with Henrik Klingenberg on keys. He is fun to watch!

I will be in NYC for their opening gig this Wed. Anyone else plan on seeing them then? If so, I will see you there! Look for a leather clad dude with long brown hair, about 6' 1" tall. I will be there with my beautiful wife Andrea.

Sonata rules! Come see 'em live to find out!:headbang:

I also owe the BEC crew beers as a peace offering (long story! the owl is sorry:cry: ), but please, after the gig! Beer is too pricey at BB Kings!:OMG:

Snowy;

Oh, luminous one, we shall follow you into the valley of death, aka BB Kings.

INTO the Valley of Death, rode the OSA crew, brutish bouncers to the right of us, brutish bouncers to the left of us, brutish bouncers in front of us, and Tony Kakko behind them.

Now, before we die, I'll take a Sam.

Peace,
Ray C.

RycheMaiden said:
My fiance, Bill & I will be there Wed. night...can't wait!!! See you all there!!!

Deb
www.metalfury.com

Oh yes! I remember you two from the previous show last year! It was awesome meeting you both.

Follow me into the valley of death, my friends! Snowy will lead the charge! Fear nothing when he is by your side:headbang:

I'm gonna be there with a bunch of friends. Look for a 6'2 blonde dude wearing either a Carcass or Control Denied shirt depending on the weather.

Dave and I will be there! Can't wait to see you all. Have no idea what I'll be wearing (black something, lol) Dave may have a BEC baseball cap on. Ah well, we'll find each other.

AMBR said:
Dave and I will be there! Can't wait to see you all. Have no idea what I'll be wearing (black something, lol) Dave may have a BEC baseball cap on. Ah well, we'll find each other.

Not a problem! Snowy has a nose...errr...beak for finding his pals.:headbang:

Maybe we all have drinks after show, if no one is too busy afterwards. It would be my honor to drink with my buddies from this and the OSA forum.:worship:

Snowy Owl said:
Oh yes! I remember you two from the previous show last year! It was awesome meeting you both.

Follow me into the valley of death, my friends! Snowy will lead the charge! Fear nothing when he is by your side:headbang:

It was definitely cool meeting you and your wife last year!!! Look for Bill in the photo pit & I'll probably be standing on Jani's side close to the front like last year!!!

Wow...it's tomorrow nite already....see ya all then!!! :cool:

Deb

Well, even though this isn't last years marathon trek to see the first two shows, but it will still be great none the less.

Deb-I remember what you guys look like and I will most likely find ya. Have a safe trip.

Wardrobe change-Because of weather and wind, I will now be wearing:

a Baltimore Orioles baseball cap turned backwards
a beat up leather jacket
Sonata Arctica t-shirt
faded, holey blue jeans with a studded belt and a wallet chain
black boots.

I am 6' 1" tall with long brown hair. I will be with my wife and two friends, one is 6'7" tall! So look for me near a very tall dude!

Everyone have a safe trip!

I could have sworn I posted this already, but it seems to have disappeared. Anyway, the show was fantastic! The place was packed and the crowd was really into it. I was a bit depressed at first that Dave couldn't go but I had so many friends there, it didn't seem to matter.
The band really was into it too and played around a lot and the music was just great! Here's a nearly accurate set list I lifted from the SA board:

1. Misplaced
2. Blinded No More
3. FullMoon
4. Victoria's Secret
5. Broken
6. 8th Commandment
7. Last Drop Falls
8. Kingdom For a Heart
9. Weballergy
10. Tallulah
11. My Land
12. Black Sheep

---Break---

13. Medley
- The Power Of One
- Destruction Preventer
- Picturing The Past
- The Power Of One
- Revontulet
- Peacemaker
- False News Travel Fast
- Land Of The Free
- White Pearl Black Oceans...

14. Don't Say a Word
15. The Cage

Vodka Song

Had a real nice interview with Jani before the show. Hope to have it up by the w.e. Also got a good 30 photos Here's a few of them.
06SonataJanni2.jpg

06Sonata30.jpg

06Sonata18.jpg

06Sonata9.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

:headbang: :headbang:

God in heaven! How awesome was that! Seeing one of the greatest bands in the world with the best friends in the world that anyone could ever ask for.

I am speechless. The moment I was waiting for since OSA has started had finally come true. Sure it wasn't Nightwish, but getting to meet a good portion of my Northeast contingent made me so happy I am getting choked up right now just thinking about it. Tears of joy, of course!

I have always been told that New York and New Jersey are cold and harsh places..., but in those cold and harsh places I have met some of the most wonderful people I could ever meet. The stereotype that metal fans are uncaring is not true! Believe me, I know.

Please, my peeps. If I ever say that I am getting the shaft from anyone or if I ever get the thoughts of jacking it in ever again, somebody please slap me. My resolve has never been stronger. I have been floating on air since that glorious evening.

We must all meet again for some good times and no show. Just a chance for us to be ourselves and have drinks and play loud music.

To Carl, Mike, Ray, Crissy, Ann Marie and my love of my life Andrea: Thanks and I love you all!

Yea, Wed. the 22rd. Busy work day for me, but if I get up really early I could be done by 1:00. Have to figure out how long the drive would be. ......mapquest....

AMBR

It is about 3 1/2-4 hours from where I am. I-95 is usually jammed in the early afternoon. !-91 one just flies.

Peace,
Ray C.