Song Survivor: Bathory - S/T (first round)

Select your 3 LEAST LIKED songs:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CiG

Aaaaaaaah!
May 22, 2015
W.A.
rateyourmusic.com
bathory-5c964fd369b91.jpg

...vote or die!

Sacrifice - that solo is awkward and out of place to me.

Raise the Dead - probably the most simplistic/uninteresting rhythmically, perhaps historically important for that droning / punk based style turned into a longer format that would eventually be converted into something more 'epic' but underdeveloped here.

In Conspiracy with Satan - the bass line is cool, but similar to above

Reactions: Phylactery
Anyone voting for “Necaromansy” in the first round will be shot on sight.

I’m excited for Under the Sign. Such a consistently amazing record. But I still have my favourites.

I don’t think Blood Fire Death will be all that interesting. We already know which two songs will make the final.

Reactions: PrincessHades
Voted for In Conspiracy With Satan, Armageddon, and Raise the Dead. Tough album to vote on because it's very consistent. Necromancy, War and Reaper are probably the best tracks, but very little separates the best and worst song on this album.

wtf, Raise the Dead is by far the best song on the album.

EDIT: Just gave the album a relisten, I have to admit that I actually enjoyed it a bit this time around. Voting Armageddon (riff has retarded timing like the Show No Mercy riff), In Conspiracy With Satan (like trying to turn Motorbreath into an ambient song), and Sacrifice (indistinguishable from any Motorhead song in terms of rhythm and intensity, and not nearly as good).

Last edited:
i'm kinda sad that 'in conspiracy with satan' looks like going first, the verses aren't all that but the chorus is probably the best thing on this album. ultra evocative bassline. i guess i get why BM haters wouldn't like it though.

and yeah i have no idea why people are voting 'raise the dead' either.