Song tracked on Neve/SSL with real drums

RevoltStudios

Aug 2, 2009
I'm still changing things but my ears are poop and have been for a few weeks thanks to shows. Thought I'd still post what I have so far. All real drums, guitars are 4 tracks reamped through Voodoo modded Triple Rec, Splawn Quickrod, and a 1970's Plexi all original. Mastering was me for this ditty, I WONT be doing it when the song is done. Art Pro VLA2 with NOS tubes then Maserati mastering plugin and L3.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3566975/mIXPRE.mp3

I'm thinkin I gotta work on the verse vocals a little more. lol

It sounds great to me ! What is the difference between the Art Pro VLA2 without and with NOS tubes ?

I agree on the dark, I think I may have that bass up way too loud. I won't be mixing on a console for this one. I'm just not used to it enough to trust getting a great finished product. The VLA without better tubes is slightly cloudy and muddy.

Sounds nice,overall!
Vocals sound very autotuned overall though...
Also is there even bass in there allready?
edit: heared it at the beginning but the rest of the song sounds very bass-less

I like the overall sound too, but as Mago said, the song seems bass-less throughout, and
the whole thing lacks energy. Also, I don't think I'm bothered by the tuned vocals as much,
I think it's the harmonies that sound so unnatural to me.

i think the overal darkness kind of adds a good element to the song.
i would just crank the bass. sounding good though.

after listening a while il have to agree with the vocals being a little too confined with the autotune

I feel you on the no bass thing. Going back to it I hear that issue. There's a hole in the lows I dislike now. Thanks for that. The vocals I'm going to redo. I just switched to Autotune from Melodyne for a try and I overdid it on the verses. Harmonies as well. Back to the drawing board! Appreciate your input guys!