Songs currently kicking your ass.

Used to own Starkweather's Into the Wire and Croatoan on CD but sold them for some reason. Honestly, it was probably the vocals which have a pretty steep barrier to overcome before they grow on you admittedly.

This band's music is insane and they're often credited for inventing metalcore. 90s metalcore is sometimes okish (kind of a case by case thing I guess for the most part and is often closer to hardcore than metal anyway) but this shit is something else entirely. This is enormously heavy, bombastic and epic songwriting to the point where you feel like you just watched a surrealist version of Apocalypse Now! by the end of their albums. There are breakdowns all over the place but instead of being that moment in the song like early 2000s At the Gates-core trash, they're there to serve the songwriting itself. Only complaint as I mentioned before is that the vocals can be a bit grating sometimes.

Anyway, this is their 2010 album I haven't heard in full yet. Seems like a logical successor to Croatoan so far. Seriously need to rebuy these albums and stop selling shit I might want to return to someday.