Songs currently kicking your ass.

Loving all this Yngwie Malmsteen worship lately, Baroque.

Yeah it's good stuff, been trying to explore more of his discography. There really is a lot to hear, and often it's better than expected. Which albums are your favs?

How do you feel about Symphony X actually? a lot of their older music is very similar.

How do you feel about Symphony X actually? a lot of their older music is very similar.

I've never ever listened to any of their music, but now that you've just said what you've said, I guess I need to change that, man.

But with Yngwie Malmsteen, my favourite albums are definitely his first three, after that it's a mixed bag of preferences and in all honesty it's been awhile since I've gone beyond that trio of albums. I need to refresh my memory to have a proper opinion. But the aforementioned trio never strays too far from my cd player.

What about yourself? I assume you've heard more of the later material.

I've never ever listened to any of their music, but now that you've just said what you've said, I guess I need to change that, man.

But with Yngwie Malmsteen, my favourite albums are definitely his first three, after that it's a mixed bag of preferences and in all honesty it's been awhile since I've gone beyond that trio of albums. I need to refresh my memory to have a proper opinion. But the aforementioned trio never strays too far from my cd player.

What about yourself? I assume you've heard more of the later material.

Just don't listen to Symphony X's first album lol. Divine Wings of Tragedy and V are probably their best. The Odyssey is good.

Honestly Exmortus are heavily influenced by Yngwie also. The two friends that play guitar in the band both grew up learning loads of Yngwie licks. I asked Conan personally how he learned guitar and he was talking about Yngwie for a good while.

My favorite albums are also the first 3, Magnum Opus, and now Seventh Sign.

Reactions: CiG
Noted on all of that man. I have Magnum Opus so I can refresh my memory on that, but I don't have Seventh Sign. I'll try to get back to you about my thoughts.

Some nice jazz fusion. Guthrie Govan always kicks my ass because he's such a smooth guitarist.That slap bass/guitar unison bit at the start is as slippery as a wonderful slippery thing. And the name is the best innuendo I've ever seen.

Last edited: