Songs dealing with abuse

10thmtnarty

New Metal Member
Mar 9, 2019
Wisconsin
Bit personal. Lookin for metal songs that deal with child abuse. Would like some that deal with a psycho mother as well. Bit of revenge maybe too. If you could include what specific type it covers, I'd appreciate it. Not really lookin for anything specifically about sexual abuse,

These are the one's I'm aware of. In order of favorites.

Hush by Hellyeah

Remember Everything by FFDP

Down with the Sickness by Disturbed

25 Years by Pantera

Adam Raised a Cain by Bruce Springsteen (not quite metal, still damn good)

I'm not Jesus by Apocalypta

Added

Whose Shame by Abuse

Like Father Like Son by Exodus

Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation by Trivium

Last edited:

A lot of sludge/depressive doom stuff has a lot of subjects like this. Something that hurts a lot. Something very cathartic.

Edit: this song in particular

Reactions: 10thmtnarty and CiG
Bit personal. Lookin for metal songs that deal with child abuse. Would like some that deal with a psycho mother as well. Bit of revenge maybe too. If you could include what specific type it covers, I'd appreciate it. Not really lookin for anything specifically about sexual abuse,

Hush by Hellyeah

25 Years by Pantera

For You by Staind (ya it's staind, but even a broken clock is right twice a day)

I'm not a fan of all of these but all the same, here are some songs you might like based on what you've mentioned:

Wasnt Korn-Daddy about abuse? I dont read lyrics but think i remember it mentioned at one point.

Hush by Hellyeah

25 Years by Pantera

Added
Could you post an updated list...a lot of these songs have saved my life... especially hush....

Whose Shame by Abuse

Like Father Like Son by Exodus

Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation by Trivium