Songs for Woods of Ypres to Cover (Guesses and Suggestions):

Holy shit guys, there's some crazy suggestions flying around here :loco: :lol:

Phantom -
"The Luxury of a Grave" - Sentenced

This was actually on my list of posibilities! I've always loved that song + it's so overlooked! The best line being "Ohhhh, a coffin would be way to nice. Ohhh-oh-oh-oh-oh, a see through plastic bag would do just fine." ...Enter bass interlude. Awesome!
:kickass:

+
"Down in a Hole" - Alice in Chains

Too!

I just thought that Woods doing Manic Street Preachers could be pretty cool, specifically The Everlasting or If You Tolerate This, Then Your Children Will Be Next.

any Sentenced/Opeth cover would be sweet, and if it wasnt answer yet... The Children of Bodom cover of The Final Countdown was done by Norther.

back to Sent/Op...

Luxury Of A Grave would be a blast to listen to by WoY, as would Black Rose Immortal. I wonder how much colder No One There(sentenced) would sound done up by Woods tho... mmmm

I made a small draft list of songs tonight. My goal here is to choose the 8-10 songs that would best represent the music that inspired the first three Woods albums.

Good news! I received permission from KATATONIA to do the Woods "Deadhouse" cover. :kickass:

I'd be hesitant to do an OPETH cover for a few reasons. I myself have been an OPETH fan and they were definitely a influence in the early beginning of WoY, but they haven't been as big of an influence as the other bands I have in mind, who are closer to my heart. + OPETH are a bigger band these days, and I have a feeling their management wouldn't be so welcome to this sort of attention from us...but I could always be surprised!

...anyways, working on it. :)

Now Playing: THE GREEN EVENING REQUIEM: "Severance"