Songs with profound Climaxes

_JC_

[insert title here]
Aug 20, 2007
Its no doubt that a few people who see this thread will succumb to middle-school humor, and snicker at the word "climax"..well, admittedly, so did I. But to the point, Im looking for songs of any metal genre (except for power metal and metalcore)that have a highly emotional and profound climax. I really cant get much more specific than that, just a well crafted song that has a ...well, highly emotional climax.

A great example is the song "The Titan" by in Vain. So, any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

sun of nothing by between the buried and me

and ants of the sky by between the buried and me

some power/core influences in it, but also alot of prog,tech influences, greating clean vocals at points, lots of metal/non metal genres thrown into these songs, both have a good climax to me

Alright cool, thanks. I was beginning to think that this thread was a lost cause.

The Killing Hand by Dream Theater is an amazing song that has a brilliant climactic point at 7-8 minute mark followed by a bass solo.

Amazing song. I'll think a little more about this because it's kind of a hard recommendation.

Spiral Architect - Insect
Summoning - Like Some Snow White Marble Eyes
Burzum - Key to the gate, Inn i Slottet Fra Droemmen
Gordian Knot- Some Brighter Things
Lord Wind - Temple of Harmony

Oh, Summoning-Khazad Dum
Gordian Knot-Rivers Dancing
Puissance-Voice of Chaos, In Shining Armor
Morbid Angel-Fall from Grace
Cadaver-During the End, The Misanthrope
Dead Can Dance-Xavier
Windham Hell-Alpinia, Cold Granitic Bliss
Supuration-The Cube
Kilcrops-Caos Mental
Ved Buens Ende-Rememberance of Things Past

Nothing tops the climax to As Icicles Fall by Ne Obliviscaris except possibly one of the two other songs from Ne Obliviscaris's EP The Aurora Veil, you may need to wait 10 minutes for it given most of the songs go for 12 minutes but it is well worth it.

Most intense song I've ever heard is Perfection or Vanity by Dimmu Borgir. Purely instrumental, but amazing.

On that note... Call of the Ktulu by Metallica, live at S+M.

Graveworm is good if you like that sort of stuff.