SORCERER, epic sock-rocking cult doom metal

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
From Sweden, released two demo tapes in 1989 and 1991, which have been re-released on CD and vinyl (some songs are on the CD but not on the vinyl and vice versa) since then by Brainticket Recs and Eat Metal Recs.

Never seen any discussion on these guys on the boards... Anyone who likes Candlemass, Solitude Aeternus or any other traditional/epic doom, I implore you to download this here MP3 right now:

http://egj.ath.cx/~egj/sorcerer.mp3

More MP3's here:

http://www.eatmetalrecords.com/modu...ons&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=4&page=1

I just bought the LP. Oh yes, this is going to fucking rule.

Not that this kind of music is my cup of tea to begin with really but since I downloaded it I guess I might as well comment on it:

It was cheesy and it sucked :[

AMAZING band indeed. The first release (the brainticket one) of the demos on cd is extremly rare right now. PERFECT mix of Candlemass + Rainbow (and a little bit of Manowar). The only problem is the guitar sound's volume - too low.Generally the production could be stronger and more powerfull (i am talking about the Brainticket release) Their cover of "Stargazer" is killer.
The new re-release of the demos named "Heathens From The North" (the title is also the title of a song from HEAVY LOAD - another superbe Swedish heavy metal band) will have even more songs i think.

And about the comment about the "cheesy Sorcerer".
Some of you must really relax and calm down. Not everything that doesnt have brutal vocals is cheesy. Or that doesnt have EVOL GRIM lyrics.

The new re-release of the demos named "Heathens From The North" (the title is also the title of a song from HEAVY LOAD - another superbe Swedish heavy metal band) will have even more songs i think.
This is the LP I just bought. To quote EMR:
"Here we present the very first demo tape (including 'Far Beyond' track which was not in the CD), plus 2 more songs from the actual recordings of 'The Inquisition' demo tape - one of which later appeared on the CD."

IOfTheStorm said:
And about the comment about the "cheesy Sorcerer".
Some of you must really relax and calm down. Not everything that doesnt have brutal vocals is cheesy. Or that doesnt have EVOL GRIM lyrics.

Well thanks for that generalisation, spot on.

Fuck Yea!!!!! I just stumbled upon this band by clicking a random youtube link. Of course there would be a full fledge thread on them here. :)

:yow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck Yea!!!!! I just stumbled upon this band by clicking a random youtube link. Of course there would be a full fledge thread on them here. :)

:yow:

forallti.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably the first instance of two metal band covers being nearly identical

THE FIRST I SAY

i think theres another album using exactly the "for all tid" cover, but i forget what it is

i hope this was helpful

oh yeah, that's right, i found it

vxLBCqZ.jpg

it predates for all tid by a couple of years (swedish death/doom from '92)

funny thing that it's an almost identical crop of the original artwork, with the logo in the same place, too