sorry for the on topic thread...

IanDork107

I wrote a book! Buy it!
Sep 9, 2002
Not here.
but i just heard the first song that's really reminded me of kayo dot/motw. the closing song on the new piano magic album sounds, perhaps only superficially, a lot like a kayo/motw song minus any heavy parts. it's really pretty, check it out you guys.

Hmm. His voice is somewhat in the same ballpark, and there's some strings and such in there.. but beyond that i tend to disagree. There are a few Kayo Dot moments that have a similar feel on the surface, though with more subtleties, and only briefly. I've only listened through once, and it was a nice song (very cool actually, will be giving the whole album a few listens i think), but 99% of what i see as making Kayo Dot is not present. I mean, first listen of kayo dot i could barely follow it, whereas that song was easy to understand from the start.

I've never heard anyone quite like Kayo Dot. I was listening to the album nice and loud with all lights off earlier, still blows me away. I used to think there were some imperfections, but now i see it just made it more of a challenge to really understand, but the reward is so much greater in the end. Now i can't really flaw it.

the new piano magic album is called disaffected. it's probably my favorite overall from them. by far the most varied.