sorry, im sure this has probably been asked many times before...

Dan's solo album Moontower! That album is even better than Crimson!

Originally posted by _Transparent_
i have edge of sanity's Crimson, and i want to know which should i buy next?

keeping in mind im a growls fan...

thanks.

Go with 'Purgatory Afterglow' and 'The Spectral Sorrows'. 'Unorthodox' is really good as well.

I was gonna ask this, but didn't dare, hehe. ;)

I was also thinking of getting Purgatory Afterglow anyway... I've heard some of Moontower and wasn't too impressed!! :eek: *prepares for a flaming* :p

Rusty, I will keep my "your tastes (insert derogatory comment here)!!!" type of comments to myself. Everyone has his or her own tastes. Listen to Moontower again, but focus on the guitar riffs and the arrangements. This is how I learned to appreciate it, considering I am not a big fan of 70’s prog keys. Moontower quickly became my favorite album shortly after I took the time to really listen to it, not just hear it.

Purgatory Afterglow is a very influential Death Metal release and all fans of Swedish Death metal should own it. Though, every time this topic comes up I make the same suggestion, check out Evolution. It has tracks from all periods of EoS, so you will get an idea of which albums you would like, plus its a cool collection with some funny photos inside the booklet...

NP: The Gathering - How to Measure a Planet?