Sorskogen

Violens

Jun 14, 2007
Mr. Swano (sorry, got no umlauts on my key..) I would like to know what type of drum kit was used to record the Mordet i grottan song..it sounds in a fantastic '70s way! I notice that sound is similar to the one on the first Bloodbath ep..vintage mics? Or kits? What about th cymbals?

Thank you in advance

It was an England made Yamaha 9000 Recording. The drums was covered with pieces of a ripped towel and I used an AKG C1000S condenser to mike the snare a bit away from it so it picked up the hihat too. The toms were miked with a small Sennheiser dynamic called 504 in this time. All cymbals are bleed from these mikes. No overheads was used, to make sure it all sounded like it was recorded in your head :)
The kick was filled with a blanket and a AKG D112. All heads were remo ambassador coated. enough :) ???

Dan Swanö;7388574 said:
It was an England made Yamaha 9000 Recording. The drums was covered with pieces of a ripped towel and I used an AKG C1000S condenser to mike the snare a bit away from it so it picked up the hihat too. The toms were miked with a small Sennheiser dynamic called 504 in this time. All cymbals are bleed from these mikes. No overheads was used, to make sure it all sounded like it was recorded in your head :)
The kick was filled with a blanket and a AKG D112. All heads were remo ambassador coated. enough :) ???

Thank you very much!

It's more than I requested, I really appreciated!

It's a type of sound I'd like to get from my kit if I had a Sorskogen like band (and one day I would like to do something like that)..