Soundcheck, backstage and concert photos from Stockholm 2008-12-18

She was very very tired at that time :) She was sleeping in Annas lap during parts of the concert.

And guys, thanks for the kind words!

I'm working on my photos from last years Malmö festival now. Lots of photos from behind the drums and keyboards that you normally don't see. Might also publish some more stuff from the Roundhouse gig.

And I'll be at the Oslo gig.

A friend and I are travelling down from Belgium to Oslo to see Ihsahn and Opeth, so I hope we'll make it on one of your shots ;)

Anyway, just wanted to say that your photos are amazing. I generally dislike concert photography, but your pictures are brilliant!

She was very very tired at that time :) She was sleeping in Annas lap during parts of the concert.

And guys, thanks for the kind words!

I'm working on my photos from last years Malmö festival now. Lots of photos from behind the drums and keyboards that you normally don't see. Might also publish some more stuff from the Roundhouse gig.

And I'll be at the Oslo gig.

Fantastic photographs ufomagnet, i would shoot landscapes mostly myself but was interested to know what camera you use and what flash if any?

Fantastic photographs ufomagnet, i would shoot landscapes mostly myself but was interested to know what camera you use and what flash if any?

Thanks! I shoot with two Canon bodies, one 5D and one 1D Mark III. The only photos where I used a flash (a Canon 430EX) are the ones I took outside the venue with the waiting fans. I suck at flash photography. For the rest I just bumped up the ISO to between ISO 1600 and ISO 3200. I used Canon 16-35mm, 24-70mm and 70-200mm f/2.8 zooms for the gig and backstage photos and Canon 24mm f/1.4 and 50mm f/1.4 primes for the soundcheck. Bloody hell, Canon should sponsor me, especially since I don't make any money from my photos :(

Here's a recent article with me from the Swedish photography magazine Kamera & Bild. Note the t-shirt on my mugshot :D

kb_fotoskola_01-02.jpg

kb_fotoskola_03.jpg

kb_fotoskola_04.jpg

kb_fotoskola_05.jpg

kb_fotoskola_06.jpg

kb_fotoskola_07.jpg

@ ufomagnet, ^ There are great images and that one hell of a great (and expensive) kit you have. I use medium format slides but have a Nikon D70s, i cant afford fast prime lenses but want to get a new medium format as the quality is fantastic for portraits. you say toyou dont get paid for your work? An injustice is ever there was, what line of work are you in, is this a pasime of yours only?

oww. I'm just wondering if he regrets leaving Opeth, or would he do it if he only knew that they would be in this point.

I don´t regret anything I ever did in my life. And me and Mike are friends since some almost 23 yrs now so it´s nothing strange I go and check up on him whenever I get the oppurtunity too.