Source Skin Project Progress

Awesome. I tested it out and got some sweet screenshots.

cs_office0022.jpg

cs_office0028.jpg

Ok, I have a couple of suggestions

#1) Is there any way you could add some kind of hood? I mean, the face looks great, but having the whole head as plain white looks a little odd.

#2) Needs a bullet belt :)

Tanith said:
Ok, I have a couple of suggestions

#1) Is there any way you could add some kind of hood? I mean, the face looks great, but having the whole head as plain white looks a little odd.

#2) Needs a bullet belt :)
nice screens :D and Hood, yes i can add one but.... i don't know if it would look right being that the models head is totally smooth an te hood might just look "pasted" to his head. I will try though, maybe i can come up with something if i can bump map it to make it look like it's not laying flat.

hypocrisy86 said:
Dude, my parents make min wage i don't gotta job
X-mas ain't happening bro.
That really stinks man, if i were able i would get you a copy and anybody else who wanted one. I mean it, but should you luck out let us know :)

@Tanith: oh yea, i plan on putting a bullet belt on him i just need to get caught up with what needs fixing first which id almost done... anyway here are some screens i took a few minutes ago.

de_dust20001copy.jpg
de_cbble0001copy.jpg

cs_office0010.jpg

cs_office0011.jpg

Ok, here we have an ammo belt, the holster colored, some little details straightened out, enhanced the eyes a bit, made the face smoother, umm i think that's all... don't really know as i've been on this thing all day long. man i hope this thing is done soon :/

de_piranesi0000.jpg
de_piranesi0002.jpg

de_piranesi0003.jpg
de_piranesi0005.jpg

de_piranesi0006.jpg
de_piranesi0008.jpg

And more, rearranged minor details, added a shoulder decoration on each one, blah blah blah, i really can't wait until this is finished and if those white lines don't stop appearing around the face make-up i'm gonna kill someone.

de_aztec0019.jpg
de_aztec0020.jpg

de_aztec0021.jpg
de_aztec0022.jpg

Well now that the Guild Wars open beta has finished, i guess i have to get back to making this skin. I'm using mainly Photoshop 7 and trying to do a little work with ZBrush 2. The 2 shoulder designs i created in ZBrush and also the pant leg textures. I might try to convert some of the other details to a more 3Dish look with ZBrush but we'll see. Oh and about the hood Tanith, i'm saving the head for last right now more or less because fooling around with it is a lesson in frustration at the moment heh

He's making a skin for an existing model, not modelling an entirely new one, so he has to work within the constraints of the model, basically he cant add anything onto it, just change the colours of the skin, so, no hair possible.