Genre :Technical and Brutal death

Current Lineup

Bass: Shahriar
Drums: Rahee
Guitars: Nahian(founder member)
Guitars: Salekin
Vocal: Shawki

Past/Former Member

Nashine on vocals, Hamdu on Bass, Zubaidur (Firebrand and STS) on Bass.

Song released

Mrittu (Jonmer Purbe)
Demented Mentation
(Two singles in compilation albums)

Future Plan Make a full length album

A little about the Extreme Metal Scene of Bangladesh Extreme Metal is completely new in our region/country - the number of the listeneres are increasing quickly. The 1st ever Death Metal band from our country is Dripping Gore [Formed in 2003], they have a single released in a compilation album. Then in January 2004, Severe Dementia got formed. We're the only extreme band here to have two singles released till date. After then, few other Extreme bands like Barzak, Voodoo Economix, Annex, Necropolis got formed - they're yet to release any original though.

Downloadable Song: http://file.uploadr.com/40d3
Contact Info severe.dementia@gmail.com

metu, i guess you are asking more info about bangladeshi metal. Well, its quite a big history. Let me summerize. As artcelled(probably nahian from severe dementia) mentioned that extreme metal is quite new in Bangladesh, thats true, but metal music as a whole is not new in bangladesh. Let me do a comment, what other south asian metal listeners will not like probably, and the comment is Bangladeshi metal bands are best in south asia.For some reason, specially for the lacking of bangladeshi media, language problem as most bands in bangladesh sings in bangla and overwhelming populerity of indian music, international world is still not aware of Bangla metal scene. Rock music is one of the mainstream music in Bangladesh since 1992. Except few populer metal bands others were considered as UG bands till the year 2000. After the year 2000, a metal music revolution occured what resulted a shift in mainstream band music and many metal bands from ug started to release their album what actually made Dhaka( the capital of bangladesh) the only metal town of South asia.

Let me give some more info. From 80 to 90 there were few ug metal bands in bd but there were 4 metal bands who started to took publics attention and will start the first metal revolition in Bangladesh in future, they were Rockstrata, Warfaze, In Dhaka, Ashes. Though Warfaze formed at 1984 but they released their 1st album at year 1992, what made them famous in bd and they were the only legendery metal/hard rock band of bd till 2000. Though Rockstrata was actually the most tallented metal band of their time, but they released only one album and never got much populerity. After the year 1998 bd rock bands got too much busy doing commercial albums what made rock listeners to seek substitute in ug and ug bands started get more public in their concerts. A new born band called Aurthohin what actually formed by Shumon(ex warfaze) along with some old famous ug musician took the lead and a music production called G series started to release one after another another metal bands album and compilation album and that changed everything. Though most people doesnt know, but Aurthohins vocal and bassist Shumon is probably the best bassist in Asia. The most famous metal bands in bd rightnow are Artcell(progressive), Cryptic fate(thrash/progressive), Stentorian(hard to say, but really head banging), Aurthohin(progressive funk), Black(nu). Death/Black metal is still not that famous in BD. Band like Driping Gore, Severe Dimentia are doing quite well. About Severe dimentia what i want to say is, they are just some kids but what they are doing is amazing.But my favorite death metal band in bd is Melodic death metal band Forbiddent truth. I cant post any of this bands song here or cant give any link as this thread is about severe dimentia. But probably i will open a thread about bangla metal where i will post some.

Hey, the thread title is telling that i can post about any death metal band of bd here, can i ?

Yes. Any. People don't talk here; we may as well make it the best resource we can.

Are there any fans of a band called Retptilian Death here?

artcelled said:
other Extreme bands like Barzak, Voodoo Economix, Annex, Necropolis got formed - they're yet to release any original though.

dear artcelled...

for you kindest information, Barzak was not formed AFTER the formation of 666 or Severe Dementia. barzak was formed in the Middle of 2003 (around june) under the name Azazel. first demo single was "Judhou Shanti Chay" on April 2004.

and later they named the band Barzakh which is now known as "Barzak" and released a demo tape on September 2005 consisting of 4 songs. the demo was titled "Opocheshta".

666 was formed after one of Azazel's guitarist left the band on january 2004, just to form 666 (now known as Severe Dementia).

Please, DONT Spread Propagandas!!

Thank you,

and hope you dont mind knowing these.

out.