South Europe and Katatonia..

ColdDarkNord

www.bragin.cz
Jun 1, 2001
Kralupy nad Vltavou, Czech
www.bragin.cz
After 3 weekes in spain / andorra / south france I can say: 1 - no metal, 2: - no fucking attitudes...
Meeting: one teen idiot in slipknot shirt and his friend in soulfly stuff, centre of tarragona, shop (biggest ib town, "go go go there, u'll find all shit there...") named "music del diablo" and ... mwahahaha, 100 cds of accept-wasp shitz. fuck, even worst than in moscow.
Dialogue:
-Do u have Katat's EP - Ton. Music?
-What Katatonia?
-Band from Sweden... Katatonia... U know?
-Yes, really, sound like Mystical Circle...
-What da fuck is M.F.?
-This very crazy stuff from Hamburg...
(Hamburg in Sweden... well, u know...)
By 2 words: fukk the spain.........................

You know two fuckin guys who don´t know what is Katatonia, and you say with any doubt "fukk the spain"?? :Smug:

And if you were in Tarragona, I think that you should visit Barcelona as well, right? Why didn´t you look for metal shops there? I´m sure that there are more metal shops in Barcelona than in all Russia.

When I was in Barcelona some time ago there were quite a few shops that offered Metal CD's...I found there Dismember's "Indecent & Obscene" as well as Katatonia's "Last fair.."! ...your generalization sucks, ColdDarkNord! :bah:

Sure, Katatonia are not any famous in Spain. Nevertheless, we have other fantastic bands such as Dover which have not given a shit in other countries...

Originally posted by ColdDarkNord
hey Zicron, I thought about trip to Malaga and Costa del Sol as well. Its interesting area or should I choose another place? I mean hystorical significant of local monuments.
If you come here looking for monuments or because the hystorical significant, then FORGET IT. Well, there are in some near village a few monuments, or in Malaga, in the capitol, there is an old Arabic castle (I don´t know how to say the name of the "castle" in English. In Spanish is "Alcazaba".) from the century XI, wich is really cool, I have to admit it....
In this site you can find some info. http://www.guiri.net/

BUT, if you want to come here just to rest in summer, oh God, there is no place better than this one. An awesome weather all the summer (and practically all the year....), incredible beaches, INCREDIBLE WOMEN (but don´t touch my girfriend please.... ;) ), Marbella is near....... I don´t know, in summer this is the fuckin best place in the world. I live in Torremolinos (I think that you know this place if you have some info about Costa del Sol) and in summer, this is always a party. I could tell you a lot of things more, but my English is really bad... :saint:

So if you come here looking for monumets, except for 3 or 4, forget it. If you come here just to rest in the beach and take fun all the night, then this is your place.

And except for the summer, the only moment in which it´s interesting to come here, is in Holy Week. I can assure you that we have the best Holy Week in all Spain. Believe me, forget Sevilla if somebody has told you that is the best of Spain. Fuck them!! Ours is much better, is really amazing. In the site I told you up there, there are some pics I think. You have to come here and check it out yourself to believe it.

OH, and if you come here looking for Metal, then forgeeeeeeeeeet it!!!! :lol:

Originally posted by ColdDarkNord
hey Zicron, I thought about trip to Malaga and Costa del Sol as well. Its interesting area or should I choose another place? I mean hystorical significant of local monuments.

Hi man, I´m not Zicron but I also live in Spain and if you´re looking for monuments and cultural stuff, you´d better go to other cities such as Toledo, Sevilla, Madrid (and there are different famous monuments like Guggenheim in Bilbao, Botafumeiro in Santiago or some others in Barcelona or Valencia)
For further information, let me know (never meaning to replace Zicrom´s opinion ;) )

Greetings from a non-cultural Spanish place (Benidorm: bear, beaches and bithes hehehe).

Eres de Benidorm tio? Joer, pues estuve a punto de poner en mi mensaje anterior "ahora Benidorm está de moda, pero todo es mentira, Torremolinos le da mil vueltas!!!!" :lol: :saint:

Oh, ColdDarkNord, you can visit Pamplona too. This 7 July start the "San Fermines". You know, when people run in front of the bulls.

I know about fast trains from south of country to Madrid. It was hard for me to travel from Costa Dorada to Toledo by train, its why I checked renfe site and found information about this speedy trains. How long they going to Madrid and Toledo and Avilla?

Madrid, Toledo an Ávila are very close but transport sucks.

Sí tío, de Benidorm, aunque la mayor parte del tiempo estoy en Valencia por los estudios. Torremolinos... ¬_¬

Hehe, I avoid most areas of Spain, especially Mallorca. There are too many Germans down there :D

bild17.jpg