Southbridge MA Show 7/16/07

Guitar Goddess

Mistress of Metal
Apr 4, 2007
MA/USA
Southbridge MA show….totally amazing. :headbang:

I unfortunately had a hard time seeing Eric (over the crowd); throughout the show he had the crowd in front of him out of control, near the end I did get to see him for a few songs. Alex’s solos were over the top, I’m still in awe, he looked like he was having a great time. Greg held down the bottom end with amazing precision, and Chuck, what can I say, best voice in the metal world, no contest. Paul did a great job filling in for Nick, he didn’t miss a beat.

The new song was worth the wait, it kind of has an Electric Crown, Souls of Black type of feel, everyone went nuts when they played it…..the mix for the whole show was muddy so it was hard to really hear the new song’s dynamics, etc…but it really rocked!!!

Set list...not in the exact order, correct me if I missed one:
Eerie Inhabitants
New Order
The Haunting
Electric Crown
Sins of Omission
DNR
Three Days in Darkness (I think)
Souls of Black
Practice what you preach
The Legacy
The After Life
Low
Into The Pit
True Believer
Over The Wall

The Preacher
Alone in the Dark
Disciples of the Watch

Great review, that set list is spot on! I was up against the barricade the whole time near Alex, man he was amazing. Last time I saw them I was right up against the stage (at the Chance in NY in 2005), but on Eric's side, so it was nice to see Alex up close like that, he's a madman! 18 songs was great, last time with Louie they only did like 13. It was awesome to hear Low and DNR live. The new song wasn't bad, like already said a good comparison is Electric Crown. I'm sure it's not nearly even the heaviest song on the album. Amazing show, though. I've seen so many bands live so many times and Testament occupy the #1 and #2 spot for best show's I've ever seen.

If anyone has pictures or videos from the show post them!

Someone was shooting some video last night. Maybe for a DVD? He was right up there in Chucks face a few times...also panning the crowd from the stage, etc.....can't wait for the new CD. March '08 was mentioned last night.....

A lot of people seem to be saying the new track is in the Electric Crown vein. Even though it's not a thrash number, Electric Crown is a great song so this is good news.

I'm ashamed to say that gave me a quick jolt of nervousness.Don't get me wrong I really like Electric Crown.But Chuck keeps saying how brutal the album is,and Electric while awesome isn't brutal.But having read the post that it's dedicated to lost loved ones I can't wait to hear it I bet it's great.Can anyone say how long it is?..Did anyone check out the picture on the first page of Testaments site?.I have it bookmarked on the group photo so I didn't see it before.It's really cool I wonder if that is the new cover?or is it to early for that?.I do know they have it picked out though.Anyone know?

I'm ashamed to say that gave me a quick jolt of nervousness.Don't get me wrong I really like Electric Crown.But Chuck keeps saying how brutal the album is,and Electric while awesome isn't brutal.But having read the post that it's dedicated to lost loved ones I can't wait to hear it I bet it's great.Can anyone say how long it is?..Did anyone check out the picture on the first page of Testaments site?.I have it bookmarked on the group photo so I didn't see it before.It's really cool I wonder if that is the new cover?or is it to early for that?.I do know they have it picked out though.Anyone know?

Yeah, I kind of felt the same at first. I thought they would release a speed track, but Electric Crown is rather epic so I'm not worried. I'm not sure what pic you're talking about. If it's the one I'm thinking of it's been on the site a long time and is from Gustave Dore (long since dead). I thought Eric said the new cover was by William Benson (Practice, Souls, Ritual) and was already done. I doubt they would release it already.

It's the picture of the face in the sky with the pentagram with angels? on the ground.Ya I think it must be to soon to release the cover.I wonder what it will be.

I was at the Poughkeepsie show and I heard Testament play the new song live and it does not even sound anywhere close to Electric Crown. The closest comparison I can give is True Believer. It also has some Envy Life vibes.

The new song titled The Afterlife is truly amazing. If you guys liked True Believer off The Gathering album you'll love this new song because it's twice as good. The Solo from Alex is awesome and it has really catchy hooks with traditional Chuck vocals and he throws in some growls as well. If I can recall well the bridge to the song is very fast but who really knows exactly how the new song will sound. You can't heard shit off the youtube clip and it was Paul on the drums instead of Nick Barker at the show. I'm sure Nick Barker will add a different touch with some more double bass.

Someone was shooting some video last night. Maybe for a DVD? He was right up there in Chucks face a few times...also panning the crowd from the stage, etc.....can't wait for the new CD. March '08 was mentioned last night.....

yeah he got a close up shot of me crowd surfing too. ive been looking all over the internet for where the hell that footage is going too. someone was also taking pictures of the crowd and shit.

anyways, perhaps one of the best shows ive ever been too. perfect set list, met a lot of cool people, saw lots of friends..great show.