Souther Sludge

Manic Ferocity

Nov 5, 2006
Stuff like Acid Bath, Alice In Chains, and Down. I especially love sludge when it has that southern tinge to it but I can't seem to come across many bands like that. Recommend away!

I've heard Deliverance, which is great and definitely along the lines of what I'm looking for.

Soilent Green rules. What album would you reccomend by Eyehategod?

Also, reccomend me sludge that utilizes a lot of clean vocals. I love the vocal style of Corrosion of Conformity and Acid Bath (and not to mention Alice In Chains).

Also, reccomend me sludge that utilizes a lot of clean vocals. I love the vocal style of Corrosion of Conformity and Acid Bath (and not to mention Alice In Chains).

Eyehategod - Dopesick
It's the only album by them I own but its good stuff.

sludge/doom with clean vocals:
Crowbar
Sahg
Black Label Society

He said southern and sludgey so I thought Black Label Society. Perhaps their first "Sonic Brew" album can be considered sludgey with a lot of fuzz and distortion.

about eyehategod, i dunno i like most of their albums, if you like one i dont think its possible you could really dislike any of the others, if you have itunes sample some of what they got there, like murai said dopesick is pretty good.

i dunno if id consider sahg sludge but godless faith is a kickass song and youd probably like them.

crowbar is great, goatwhore is black metal but its got sammy from acid bath, and the vocalist from soilent green so itl sorta have that soilent green feal to it, at least their new cd.

pm56lr.jpg