Southern Rock

Cheers for all the cool reccomendations! gonna get myself some good summer music!

^
"mafia" is fucking ace!! proper rock n roll if you ask me

That's the only one I have of theirs, and I have to admit that I find it kind of boring and a bit annoying. Zakk's vocals are like a bad Ozzy meets Layne Staley impression. It's just way to affected for me. Some of the solos are great, but it just doesn't do it for me. Saw them at Ozzfest, and Zakk just did ridiculous wanktastic solo after solo and I decided to go get a beer instead of stick around and watch.

I sorta miss the Zakk of old...

People mentionned Zakk Wylde but do you a favor and get his Pride and Glory album which is by far his best work ever.

He wasn't yet ino his de-evolution period into a biker, caveman, alcoholic and his head was still in the music and it shows.

Now Zakk thinks that every riff he writes has to be on a record and that 's a shame because I am sure if he tried harder , Black Label albums could be so much better.

The guy is very talented but his ego and driniking problem are undermining him.

Killer 70's production, very live, killer tunes, best singing he ever did, killer solos, and his band is cooking (great rythm section), Elton john ballads

I love this album so much.

The first Down is also a classic.

And Pantera has clearly southern vibes hidden here and there in Dime's licks and his brother Vinne's Texas Shuffle grooves.

Yeah, they are decent records but Pride and Glory was more promising and I wish he's explored this style instead of his Black Sabbath obsession taking over stylistically.

The guy remains a monster player and his Randy Rhoads solos renditions are always great.

There is a little bit of Southern rock on Load also by Metallica (Ronnie anyone ?).

Ive got Hangover Music by Black Label Society, I really like it, some great tunes on there.