southern style band with breakdowns im recording

yeah i did use a little more of the room tracks in dfhs than i normally do. and the guitars are with guitarhacks impulses, not miced

Dude your stuff is always killler... Diggin' the more roomy drum sound... Any tips on how you approached the drum sounds (comp, eq)?? Also did you use a Tube screamer in front of the 5150 or just a direct out with impulses? You always seem to get big guitar sounds while sounding smooth not harsh yet still in your face... Any tips on how you eqd the guitars after the impulses??

Dude your stuff is always killler... Diggin' the more roomy drum sound... Any tips on how you approached the drum sounds (comp, eq)?? Also did you use a Tube screamer in front of the 5150 or just a direct out with impulses? You always seem to get big guitar sounds while sounding smooth not harsh yet still in your face... Any tips on how you eqd the guitars after the impulses??

thanks man! drums are all slate samples and dfhs for the cymbols and room sound and stuff, kick is kick7z3, snare is a blend of snare8z2 and snare3z1a, toms are the z1 fat toms. as far as the comp/eq, im not sure exactly what i did, but a lot of the sound also comes from the drum bus, and from the master bus and stuff so specific settings on each drum dont really help

there was a tubescreamer infront of the 5150 but not the marshall. each guitar track is eqed how i want it and sent to buses. ive found that one way of finding a good guitar eq is to save some frequency spectrums from guitar sounds that you like in voxengo curveeq and then try applying them to your guitar track. then use the cuts and boosts it finds as a general starting point

love it, but how is this southern?:)

haha i dont know... too me some of the guitar riffs have that "southern" feel

more details dude :D or we kill you!:devil:
great sound, nice tune!!!
cheers

cant post all the exact settings, but heres a hint

i wish nuendo had more inserts for the master bus :p

Nice sound dude. :headbang:

Damn. I knew I should have charged money for those things. :heh:

I have over 100 more, wanna buy them? :lol:

haha a good business man, but alas im starting to mic cabs myself and like the results. im going to try making my own impulses soon. i absolutely love yours, but lately i feel like im sort of locked into that same sound

I made the mistake of not checking this out for a while because of the words "Southern" and "Breakdown." Both of which apparently have almost NOTHING to do with the music here... thankfully!

Excellent stuff, really fantastic drums and guitars!!!!