Sovtek MIG100h sound test

svartthron

New Metal Member
Jan 26, 2006
Recently I've got an old SOVTEK MIG100h amp with a homemade 2x12 cab (which sound test I've posted in another thread).

Really amazing, loud and meaty amp. This one has some modifications, like a built in "distortion pedal" effect, which I dont really like. Also, there is a switch, which cuts the power in half, so i can have both 100w and 50w. This test was done with the 50w setting. Just wanted to share some sounds with you.

Dont know what tubes are in, gonna bring this one to the tech so he could evaluate everything. Also some of the pots needs cleaning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Sovtek line. Cool Video, although I was hoping for a little metal style rhythm playing. I have an un-modified mig 50h that totally rips. One of the best live tones I ever heard was a 100h through a marshall 1960 cab. Im still experimenting with boosts for mine. So far it seems to like my Maxon OD820 the most but I really want to try a parametric like the old furman pq style or maybe the Empress Para-EQ.

I gonna do another video with more metal sounds through my Orange OR412 (loaded with UK made Celestion V30).
I've tried to boost it with MXR GT-OD and it sounded really meaty. One thing I am missing is a FX Loop, so I am thinking to bring this amp to the tech and install one.

Very cool, I would like to hear what you get with a boost and a proper 4x12. Another option if you dont want to modify it further or you have other amps that could benefit from it would be that new Fryette Attenuator thing. It has an effects loop built in as well as some cool voicing options.