Spawn of Possession - Cabinet

Rottuated

Live Free Or Die
Aug 9, 2003
Maryland, USA
Visit site
One day I was sitting online and a friend of mine asked me if I liked Spawn of Possession. I’d never heard of them before, so he was kind enough to send me “Swarm of the Formless”. I must not have paid enough attention when I first listened to it, because I don’t recall being impressed. A few months later, I listened to it again and I was struck with awe. I can’t emphasize enough how amazing this album is.

Never a dull moment when you’re listening to Cabinet...it’s a full fledge “kick your ass with brutal, technical death metal” ride from start to finish. Ever since I’ve purchased this album it has not left my car CD player in months. It seems as if the Cabinet experience gets better and better with each listen. I think it’s got everything a death metal fan would enjoy: heaviness, speed, technicality, and melody. For their first album, the production is also very excellent.

I can literally find nothing wrong with this album, at all. If you ever see this album in a music store, and you have the money, BUY IT IMMEDIATELY! You won’t be disappointed if you do.

Yeah. It's a great CD. If you like Spawn of Possession, I suggest that you check out Visceral Bleeding. They sound very similar, they are also on Unique Leader, and are also from Sweden.

Agreed man, Spawn of Possession are a special, special band. Their technicality is amazing, but contrary to intuition, the songs are nevertheless very memorable and endlessly listenable. The riffing isn't always spectacular, although they do of course have killer riffs here and there that drop the jaw.....but it's more just the way they throw around all those different rhythms, introduce memorable themes and then metamorphose them later in the song, and all the while chop your head off with killer drumming, evil soloing and some of the most rapid-fire and irresistably delicious vocals in brutal DM. On top of all that, the lyrics are fucking awesome....they have a real sense of archaic and demonic maliciousness that just finishes off and validates the album perfectly.

Fucking killer band.....possibly the best tech death band around.

I haven't heard Visceral Bleeding yet, but I will check them out pronto.