Spawny - about the Panthers

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Hey d00d

Penrith now equal the worst start in 33 years by any team - the last team to lose 9 straight was Newtown in 1969. Dunno how long it's been since a team lost their first 10, though! And the article I read (at http://sport.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,4307780%5E5927,00.html ) didn't mention that this included a bye.

Don't worry, hopefully you'll be able to have a more positive sig soon enough! :) Get out and support your team, damn it!

I have just a about as much cause for concern, as my beloved Sharkies are in a real heap!

I have thought for the past few weeks, that Chris Anderson's flat attacking style simply is not working. Cronulla were a brilliant attacking team last year, as most of the back row are ball players who are capable of flashes of brilliance. With the flat attack, they dont have enough time with the ball in their hands. By the time they have caught the ball, they are already at the defensive line, and cant do shit about it!
It is really painful to watch a team that has that much talent being wasted with a shithouse game plan!

Originally posted by Spiff
Hey d00d

Penrith now equal the worst start in 33 years by any team - the last team to lose 9 straight was Newtown in 1969. Dunno how long it's been since a team lost their first 10, though! And the article I read (at http://sport.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,4307780%5E5927,00.html ) didn't mention that this included a bye.

Don't worry, hopefully you'll be able to have a more positive sig soon enough! :) Get out and support your team, damn it!

:lol: I say we go for the record! :lol:

Im sure we will win sooner or later, the law of averages says we will get one, even if its a fluke :D

We play North Queensland again this week, so we have a chance...... :headbang:

Sprucey: Memo to Chris Anderson: EVERYONE in the country knows Preston Campbell should be 5/8 or halfback, STOP moving him around! :)

It could be worse...

You could have supported the Illawarra Steelers for most of your life, and then have your most hated team just jump in and TAKEOVER your club, rape you of your best players, and then leave the carcass by the side of the road.....

...so, you decide that, seeing as the now St George Illawarra Dragons (gag) are your local team, you'll try and follow them.....

....and then they play like a bunch of fairies, and win only 1 of their first 8 games (but get the bye, which makes them look a little better on the ladder), and they basically just SUCK.....

....and now you are known as a bloody Dragons supporter......

Anyway...just a little frustrated at their performance so far this season.

That does suck Joe, and you are right, the Steelers got SO screwed.... So did the Magpies... Joint ventures my ass!

But NSW will win this year! I hope.... :)

Could someone tell me why a team gets 2 points for a bye? Wouldnt it be easier to just give them no points? Its so weird.

I am ignorant as to who these teams are.

I do know the Canberra Raiders though. And the Balmain Tigers. And the Melbourne Storm hehehe.

But I am not too sure if that is relevant because knowing me oyu guys are talking about a completely different league or whatever hahahaha.

Well 2 draws isnt too bad... Those games can go either way, so at least you have been close to winning. Though they are going pretty woefully, which is surprising considering the talent they have.

Though Penrith is in the same boat, they dont have a terrible team (though noone seems to have told them :) ) so it must be psychological. I guess.

Iccy: You have the right league :D

I'm with Troops. Go the Storm. I think. How are they doing, anyway? I generally only hear about them when they have been beaten by the biggest margin in history or when they are doing the stomping themselves.

Oh f**k I did too.... You both have face painted people on your avatars, poor Spawny got confused! :)

I love Vinnie. He's makeup was the BEST ever. I can't wait till the next Kiss tribute night, coz I'll be wearing Vinnie makeup!

I'm gonna buy a $2.50 neck chain I saw hahaha which has that same weird cross that is on Vinnie's face, and he wears a chain with the same thing. To show that he is my hero.

Ahhh ok. Well for me if people say "Are you into Egyptian mythology" or something I shall reply "FUCK NO I LOVE VINNIE!" Hahahahaha!