Speaker cable vs. instrument cabel

MrLee

Jul 31, 2006
Oslo, Norway
god.. sorry for the lame dobbel post..

Well, Ive been using instrument cables between my head and cab for as long as I know. But that is not good is it? why?
And do you know some good speaker cabels to recommend? Planet waves PW-CSPK-10 maybe?

thanks!

god.. sorry for the lame dobbel post..

Well, Ive been using instrument cables between my head and cab for as long as I know. But that is not good is it? why?
And do you know some good speaker cabels to recommend? Planet waves PW-CSPK-10 maybe?

thanks!
speaker cables are a thicker wire gauge which means more resistance. You can potentially damage the transformer in your amplifier. Planet waves should be fine, I build my own cables with supplies from redco.com you should check it out and save money.

ah! Thanks, is it some sort of impedance issue? Would I notice a difference in the sound? more hi-end and punch or something?

ah! Thanks, is it some sort of impedance issue? Would I notice a difference in the sound? more hi-end and punch or something?
Yep it definitely is an impedance issue, but I haven't tried it recently enough to tell you if there's a significant change in sound. I'm always super cautious with my gear :lol: