Speaking of Anthrax covers....

DarbysDad said:
Did you say Anthrax was Flirtin' With Disaster :D BTW I heard a re-recorded version by Molly and it Rocked.
Gator Country would kick some ass!
But, as anybody suggested a long time ago, whenever I hear Mr.Garrison´s "Merry Fucking Christmas" I think it´s an Anthrax song.

Buddy_Love_Bomb said:
Speak English or Die- I think the name of the band is Stormtroopers of Death or some shit.

You realize that S.O.D. basically is Anthrax? It's Scott and Charlie, Billy Milano (a former Anthrax roadie) and Dan Lilker (former Anthrax bassist)...I'm guessing you're being sarcastic.

the cover of Remember Tomorrow is really cool, it makes me want to hear anthrax to play all Iron Maiden songs.....not that those are bad the way they are but the Anthrax version of RT is a little faster (5:05 while the the original is 5:17) but especially the drum and the rhythm guitar are stronger, i don't know if it depends on the style of playing or on the way they were recorded but the anthrax version makes it be even better (though there's just a slight difference) in my opinion.

my six cents:
Turbonegro: Are you ready for some darkness
Refused: New noise
Thin Lizzy: Bad reputation
Alice Cooper: under my wheels
Suicidal Tendencies: Join the army
anything by Black Flag

coolsnow7 said:
You realize that S.O.D. basically is Anthrax? It's Scott and Charlie, Billy Milano (a former Anthrax roadie) and Dan Lilker (former Anthrax bassist)...I'm guessing you're being sarcastic.
No, wait, really?
You´re telling me there were some Anthrax members in this underground band called Stormtroopers Of Death?
I don´t believe you!

:lol:

kotzunder said:
the cover of Remember Tomorrow is really cool, it makes me want to hear anthrax to play all Iron Maiden songs.....not that those are bad the way they are but the Anthrax version of RT is a little faster (5:05 while the the original is 5:17) but especially the drum and the rhythm guitar are stronger, i don't know if it depends on the style of playing or on the way they were recorded but the anthrax version makes it be even better (though there's just a slight difference) in my opinion.
The version with Bruce singing it for the b-side of "Number of the Beast" was better than the original and the Anthrax version. Bruce was wild.

cool! i'll try to listen to it
anyway there are songs like HBTN that iron maiden play faster live, so it could be that they don't like how some songs were mixed

kotzunder said:
cool! i'll try to listen to it
anyway there are songs like HBTN that iron maiden play faster live, so it could be that they don't like how some songs were mixed
That could be right. They re-did "Prowler" and "Charlotte the Harlot" in 1988 because Steve wasn't happy with the original recordings. It says so in Eddie's Archive.

Wish you were here - Alice Cooper

It has a super strong build to the ending, the fellas would do this one (lone) justice!!

22 Acacia Avenue, Iron Maiden, Sanctuary, Run to the Hills (the Indians Mix) and Prisoner - got Maiden on my MInd I guess.

Did anyone suggest Priest yet? Riding on the Wind, United, Breaking the Law!!! :)