Special Editions¡¡¡¡ True or False???

scanner313 said:
What the hell is a digipack?!!! Would someone answer that for me please?

It basically looks like a CD case-sized book. The CD comes in a little sleeve and the liner notes are the pages. I have the Edguy live album as a digipak. They are, IMO, superior to normal CD jewel cases since a) they look nicer, and b) they don't break (tho I guess if you really wanted to you put a crease in the cover, but at least it wont break if you accidentally drop it, and no more worrying about the little "teeth" that hold the CD in place falling out).

Not exactly accurate Matt... i have always heard those refered to as digibooks. Digipaks are the cardboard cases that usually fold out... some are tri-fold, some more. either way, you love them or you hate them.... i like them. Plus they are usually rarer... yeah. And most often no slip case... they have a tray that is directly glued to the cardboard.

theodyssey said:
Not exactly accurate Matt... i have always heard those refered to as digibooks. Digipaks are the cardboard cases that usually fold out... some are tri-fold, some more. either way, you love them or you hate them.... i like them. Plus they are usually rarer... yeah. And most often no slip case... they have a tray that is directly glued to the cardboard.

I could swear they reffered to the Edguy live album packaging as a digipak. I guess we'll know for sure when they release these :D ;)

I might get the DWOT again, but only if the bonuses are good enough. Will Frontiers be a bonus on any of these?
and why would anyone hate digipacks? i think they're awsomme.

Call me a "FAN GIRL",,:loco:
But even though I already have all those cd's, i'll be buying everyone of these too.
It is sooo cool to me.. I want anything I can get thats SymX. I KNOW my hubby feels the same way too, so there will be no problems there.:)

And yes, I feel bad for MJR, that would suck trying to keep something a secret for a suprize and someone has to open thier big mouth.:Smug:

Alright, they look nice, yes. But so do all IOM's releases. And digi-packs? well, I've got one from Fates Warning, APSOG, and I wish I'd gotten the regular version. It's all worn out and the booklet is missing. The only Sym X I haven't gotten yet is the First one, only because I couldn't get it anywhere in stores. Perhaps I'll get that one, but there'd have to be a pretty good reason to do so. 1/4th of an interview isn't going to do it. Liner Notes? well...they had that in the Odyssey, and personally, I don't think it adds that much. So we'll see. I'd hoperd the re-issues would make them more availlable in shops, but it didn't. In fact, those early cd's aren't even listed on the IOM Site. So I'll hold my enthousasm for the moment.

I think InsideOut has stopped using the conventional digipacks, since all the Limited & Special Editions released lately has been digi-"books" (if you could call it that) that are much sturdier that the usual digipack... They look nicer too...