Special extra-gig at ProgPower 2010

I was really upset when I saw this. You guys are practically the only reason I'm going to ProgPower, period, and it saddens me to know you'll be doing a special, different set and I'll be in the city, but I can't see it. I would gladly trade in my ticket for Saturday to see this extra show.

As brilliant as this news is, i believe most gold badges are on a waitlist of like two years, meaning most sw fans will probably miss out.

The good news however is that the people who typically get the gold badges will be american locals who probably aren't all that familar with the guys, so it's win win i think :)

Song requests? I'd say Pieces is a definite. The rest is up to you boys!

I'm one of the lucky Gold Badge holders, since PP2. I was already incredibly excited about Seventh Wonder coming over, but slightly disappointed that they would get such a short set. Now this little add-on show is the perfect surprise to make the weekend complete. If I don't see a single other band the whole weekend, I'll still leave Atlanta completely satisfied.

It's been a long time since I've felt this way about a band. I'm very much looking forward to meeting you guys, and at 47 years old, I'm not generally the groupie type. :lol:

I hope I get the chance to have you all sign me CD's too! Maybe the new one will be out by then???

No pressure.....:p

I'm pretty sure you'll have fun when you get here........just ask Circus Maximus!

Can't wait until September.

Thanks for coming over.

A reason more to pack all my Kamelot TShirt in a lousy luggage and buy this fu...ng flight ticket to Atlanta.

I already missed 2009. To do it again this year would mean suicide!
About the song ... I don't know what your set list will be and I know that it's difficult to decide which song to play... So I can't help you.

:erk:

You know, I can't do anything as I'm not an angel :rolleyes:

Proud Gold Badge holder here! I was already ecstatic to see Seventh Wonder, easily the highlight of the entire festival. A second set with the 200 or so Gold Badge holders will be even more special.

Any idea how long this bonus set will be?

In terms of song selection, you really can't go wrong with anything. Would love to hear anything off Mercy Falls that wasn't played at the first show!

I just bought my gold badges because of this announcement! I couldn't possibly be more excited!! Seeing you guys will be the highlight of the weekend!! How many more days??

#1 band I'm looking forward to seeing this year, and this announcement was incredible! I'm SOOO looking forward to this. Remember my face because you will be seeing me there and at the meet & greet.

As for songs, I think it would a good place for a couple of ballads, like Pieces and One Last Goodbye.

Aside from that, I'd love to hear Star of David, Taint the Sky, Black Parade and Banish the Wicked either at this performance or the main one.

No covers - we want to hear YOUR songs!!

Can't wait, see you then :kickass:

Very excited about this special show! Was stunned when I first saw the posting. All my favorite songs have already been listed, but I'll second Connie's suggestion that you skip the covers and do YOUR songs. You sure have produced enough exciting tunes to keep us interested for two sets. :kickass:

I don't know...something about this being a special show means that it kind of lends itself to a cover or two. Just wanna see how your vocalist pulls off songs that aren't SW.

I'm not quite sure about the hate for cover songs on here. Obviously if you see SW live, you would love to hear as much of their own stuff as possible, but the point of seeing your favourite band live is to experience their music unlike you would be able to in your own living room.

Now unless the guys have planned a multimillion dollar stage show, i dare say something like a special sw cover of their choice wouldn't go completely unwarranted. Personally, i do get a bit tired of going to see bands that stand there and play their songs straight off the cd without any improvisation or changes. Just my personal preference i guess.

I am a new SW fan, but you guys are THE band I want to see at Prog Power.
I am not a Gold Badge member:cry:, but if I was, I would suggest Waiting in the Wings, Devil's Inc, The Damned, What I've Become and ANYTHING off of Mercy Falls. I can't think of one song off that album I wouldn't want to hear live!