Speed/Thash Metal Suggestions

The Eternity

Metal Militia
Nov 26, 2011
England
Hey guys,
looking to expand my ever-growing library of speed and thrash metal, looking for bands such as Exciter, Testament, Death Angel, Running Wild and such.

Cheers guys!

I have a huge obsession with Metallica

Then definitively you should check Xentrix, for some reason they have always sound like Metallica (the good one, pre-1988) to me.

Lately I've been a lot into Evile, Savage Messiah and Paradox. You should check those bands too.

Then definitively you should check Xentrix, for some reason they have always sound like Metallica (the good one, pre-1988) to me.

Lately I've been a lot into Evile, Savage Messiah and Paradox. You should check those bands too.

Man, I love Xentrix, 'For Whose Advantage' is an awesome album. I'll give the three suggested a listen. Thanks again for the suggestions.

I'd also heartily recommend Rigor Mortis, Coven, Realm, Toxik, Fatal Violence & Helstar.
(The latter two are a bit more Power/Speed but they're still relevant IMO.)

Sacred Reich
DRI
Abbatoir
Agent Steel
Heathen
Dark Angel
Razor
Overkill
Violence
Forbidden

Hi! check out this Finnish Thrash/Speed metal band, hope you like it!!! they sound really great

Last edited by a moderator:
I say a GLAM band than a Thrash band.

Neither.

I say they're an American traditional/power/progressive metal band depending on the era you listen to them.

And I also don't like their music.

If you are really into some harder thrash then you should look out for bands like Protector, Incubus, Devastation, Demolition Hammer, At War, Ripping Death, Necrodeath, Sabbat (UK and Japan) and so on.
In terms of speed metal you REALLY should listen to the one and only REAL black (speed) metal band Stone Vengeance

If you arent hooked by this now than something must be wrong :D
The bass is absolutly ridicoulus!!
Other good speed metal acts: Living Death, Enforcer (Ger), Baphomets Blood, Cranium (!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of speed metal you REALLY should listen to the one and only REAL black (speed) metal band Stone Vengeance
If you arent hooked by this now than something must be wrong :D

Never heard of them, so I checked:
First all African-American Christian metal band.

Gimmick or not, it's damn funny. :loco:

Musically speaking the vocals are way better than most speed metal bands, but sadly the music is not near as fast as Exciter or Hellhound.

Stone vengeance may havent top speed but the arrangements are really nice. Persecution is also on of my fave tracks.
They only have 2 albums "To Kill Evil" and "The Angel".
The song that i linked is a demo recording from 85/87, the first full length version is later recorded and sounds more controlled and restrained. But what blows my mind is, that the most songs you hear from them are songs original written in between the end 70s till 82! that was really fast and aggressive for it´s time. Cliff burton was also a big Stone vengeance fan if you want to know.

The song that i linked is a demo recording from 85/87, the first full length version is later recorded and sounds more controlled and restrained. But what blows my mind is, that the most songs you hear from them are songs original written in between the end 70s till 82! that was really fast and aggressive for it´s time. Cliff burton was also a big Stone vengeance fan if you want to know.
That's cool. Reminds me of Cirith Ungol, if they'd gotten their album out by ~75 when it was written, they'd surely have been a lot bigger than they were/are.
Good stuff though. Wish it was more widely available. (Stone Vengeance)

(Funny little thing, I was searching for them and somehow typo'ed Steel Vengeance and ended up discovering another cool band. :p )