Spending too much time here?

Opet

in my den of inequity
May 1, 2001
RI, USA
I must be! I had one of those quick dreams last night. Last what seemed like 2 minutes. I dreamt that I was on the forum reading a thread about Eric Clapton...???...and I thought, "Well, I'll add some thoughts." So, I was trying to read what everyone else wrote, and as I scrolled down those avatars talked to me. LOL! I remember that face that Protocol uses saying, "Fucking Eric Clapton threads. Can't stick to the main topic of focus." and then it shook it's head in disgust...???!!! Then Shaggy's little character there said, "YEAH? AND WHAT'VE YOU GOT TO SAY THERE HONEY?!"

:loco:

Besides paying twice daily visits to this forum, I have began to use the word Opethian at a disturbing frequency, discovered great bands like Agalloch, Ulver, and most recently Maudlin Of The Well, and printed out the "got goat's blood" image and it now adorns my wall...yeah, the forum has had an impact on me, and provided me with many great Opethian moments in its brief existence...at this rate I may have 800 posts by Christmas.

Originally posted by Demonspell
Besides paying twice daily visits to this forum, I have began to use the word Opethian at a disturbing frequency, discovered great bands like Agalloch, Ulver, and most recently Maudlin Of The Well, and printed out the "got goat's blood" image and it now adorns my wall...yeah, the forum has had an impact on me, and provided me with many great Opethian moments in its brief existence...at this rate I may have 800 posts by Christmas.

Of the 3 groups you mention, which are the most progressive, and do they hold a candle to Opeth? I heard one Ulver CD, I think it was the newest one, and it didn't strike me as being all that innovative. Set me straight, narcotic genius, hehe

Satori the anti-god

I've heard Ulver's first two albums have some Opethian qualities, but aside from a few songs I have't heard them yet. Same for Maudlin Of The Well, but one song I've heard, Birth Pains Of Astral Projection, sounds like Opeth on acid. I'll second what Opt has said and try Agalloch:

Hallways Of Enchanted Ebony available at www.mp3.com
Dead Winter Days available at www.bestofmetal.net