Spidergoat!

Does anyone else feel a bit uneasy about all this cloning stuff? I mean, noone gives a f**k what I think, and its going to happen if I like it or not, but its a bit erm... unsettling.

Yeah, theres plenty of good things to come from it, but I dont know if I like the idea of having 100 deaths of something (be it human or animal) before they finally perfect each little advancement....

I wonder how long it will be before we can put out minds on a chip and be put into new bodies so we live forever......

Originally posted by spawn
Does anyone else feel a bit uneasy about all this cloning stuff? I mean, noone gives a f**k what I think, and its going to happen if I like it or not, but its a bit erm... unsettling.
I find this stuff very interesting, but I gotta agree with that. There is just something too weird about it all.

I think if we keep messing with stuff like this, we will eventually destroy the earth. I mean, with the new advances in treating diseases and such, the world is already over-populated, and just getting worse, and now we are starting to play god and make our own species. Is all just too wierd. Where will we be in 50 years me wonders...

I hope I'll still be here in 50 years, enjoying perfect health with my specially grown, genetically engineered heart/lungs/kidneys/insert vital bodily organ here.

See, the thing with cloning is that people are so concerned about "creating" clones who are cursed/blessed with self-awareness, but if you only clone the body parts that people need to live longer and cure diseases, then where's the problem?

Death, my friends, is not necessary. I plan to cheat it for as long as possible :).

W

Cloning body parts is a different story Wrathy, I agree, I meant humans/animals :D

:lol: @ Koichi

Originally posted by Wrathchild
...but if you only clone the body parts that people need to live longer and cure diseases, then where's the problem?

Death, my friends, is not necessary. I plan to cheat it for as long as possible :).
But what happens when everyone on the planet starts cheating death, and everyone continues to reproduce?? Over population. We will ultimately destroy ourselves by destroying the earth we live on...

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg

But what happens when everyone on the planet starts cheating death, and everyone continues to reproduce?? Over population. We will ultimately destroy ourselves by destroying the earth we live on...

I'm sure by that stage I'll be able to make another planet,called Koichtopia,in which only people wearing black shirts and boots may roam,of course, we will need to recruit more metal chicks for obvious purposes, actually seeing as we have the technology we'll clone trent's sister,yeeeeaaahhh i can see it now.

She hasnt caught the bus in ages :cry: *Kicks self hard*

I dont see what the problem is, its not like I wouldnt leave her food in the basement or anything, I mean, im not a monster....

:lol: Yeah but if you feed her what you eat she'll get all fat and stuff,You'll have to cook her decent meals, or pretend she's a pensioner and feed her cat food.

She is some kind of gym instructor with a body to die for, she could probably macguyver up some kind of healthy meal from what I give her :D

She would need more than a sex toy to make up for me :D Ill have to give her a rubiks cube or something so she didnt die of boredom :)