• NOOOO!!! Fucking NOOOOOOO!!!!

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Of course not! NEVER!

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • PLEASE, DON'T!

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They already know. And I hope they do what they need to. The outcome is trivial. They don't live for us, they enriched our lives. And if a split is needed to enrich theirs, then so be it.

In a recent interview there was written:

You guys have been together for over 13 years. What is the secret formula to keeping a band together in a genre where bands are like revolving doors for members?
It has really been difficult. We have had a few member changes in the last couple of years and it is hard but the current line-up we have is the best. It is really difficult to find the right people to fit into a band and I’ve had good luck. You listen to someone and you know instantly whether they are going to work or not.

Doesn't it seem a little bit contraddictory that they want to split up????What the fuck, I can't believe they want to split up..I mean after releasing a successfull album, after a fantastic tour...

maybe they just loosing some members and need time to change them?? you know, e.g. mattias is playing currently with another band.. anders started over with diabolic m.. who knows.

You may be right Dora, but you know I think Katatonia comes first, it's their main band...and I don't think they give more importance to Diabolical Masquerade (Anders) or Subdive (Mattias)...

I mean, summer festivals are quite important also to get a better promotion and so on.
And these sickness thing... is it real or just an excuse to hide some other problem?

Timothy said:
They already know. And I hope they do what they need to. The outcome is trivial. They don't live for us, they enriched our lives. And if a split is needed to enrich theirs, then so be it.

It has a different meaning to everyone.. And hard to separate the songs, their feelings from the artist. You know, I couldn't listen to Nirvana for many years after Kurt went away, because after that, all songs were about death. All of them. It's a loss of hope, a lie of future, death of past memories, a dead end. I could never listen to them like I did before if.. Sorry. Katatonia for me is more then "a good band that recorded some nice albums", they're just like their songs: unique and irreplaceable.

I agree Dora. And if you feel that way, then you must be able to be happy for the individual members knowing they will be more happy. IF they decide to split up.
My point was that ultimately it is their decision and, personally, I think those kinds of decisions have to be made without thinking about how other people might feel. I wouldn't want them to stay together and be miserable. I want them to be happy. Whatever it takes.
Their music gave me support when I was down. Their concerts showed me I was not alone. So therefore I would like to give something back and be honestly happy for them, no matter how much I will miss Katatonia as a band.
But nothing's certain! IF....

yeah, we wish them happines.., but not all decisions are good. I personally wish them no mistakes. And still the reasons and rights they have cannot change how other people feel about it. A bad thing is a bad thing.

don't speak as if Katatonia were dead...
There is no official statement yet. Katatonia can't die, not now that things are appearently going so well!

Please think one moment: Would Katatonia cancel all festival gigs if everything was perfect in the band?

Even if there were some little problems within the band they definately would play these gigs 'cause they are very important for Katatonia.

I don't want to speculate but I haven't much hope.

Anyway, I have listened to Katatonia for about 12 years now and if they really split up I'll say: Ok. We had a great time together. You've followed me through the Ups and Downs of my life. But this is the katatonic way and it ever ever has to ache so much.

This poll is retarded. Personally, I think Katatonia should break up; Anders should concentrate on Diabolical Masquerade, and Jonas should concentrate on October Tide. Both projects are infinitely superior to the alternative rock that Katatonia spews out these days...