*Spoiler* Rockdetector reviews 'The Great Cold Distance'

more fire to the fire, meanwhile we are to be just lying in wait, miserably, irremediably dependent on somebody else's impressions, talent to describe that unattainable thing that constitutes Kata's music. Indeed, the review is so good, yet in a quite measured perspective, sharp review.

this is the kind of reviews i hate the most......and i mean it.....because....it makes me just more and more anxious to want the album!!!!..man...i want now!!!!!!

It's true - the album really is that good! It's been a daily spinner in the office since it arrived.

That guy he rarely reviews albums and by reviewing katatonia's new album and by saying it's possibly the album of the year means that The Great Cold Distance will be GREAT for sure... I can't wait to get the new album on my hands as I've recently bought The Black Sessions that made me realise how good this band is.

Tone-Deaf said:
That guy he rarely reviews albums and by reviewing katatonia's new album and by saying it's possibly the album of the year means that The Great Cold Distance will be GREAT for sure... I can't wait to get the new album on my hands as I've recently bought The Black Sessions that made me realise how good this band is.

welcome to obsession....;)

"Dare I give this album of the year? Jesus, the year hasn't even started yet but who on earth could possibly top this?"

Nice...

NeverIsForever said:
Flame if you like, I've heard the promo and I thought it was above average but nothing special. Then again my true passion is for old-era Katatonia...

Ahh, you are the nay-sayer from the katatonia thread in opeth's forum!!

I'm waiting for the release... :cool:

NeverIsForever said:
Flame if you like, I've heard the promo and I thought it was above average but nothing special. Then again my true passion is for old-era Katatonia...

I've simply stated my opinion. There are a few songs on it that are really good.

I like all their albums , old and new.