Sponsor and Gold badge

Ramaries

Jun 3, 2005
A friend of mine wants to know what privilage a gold badge gets, and what privilage a sponsor gets. I don't know, I buy a regular ticket, but I told him I will ask here.

Thank you.

Gold Badges get you into the venue an hour early, and in past years let you into the VIP section of the preparty.

As for sponsorship info, I suggest you look at the very obvious sticky topic at the top of this forum.

Gold Badge-

Entrance to venue 1 hr before regular public
Entrance to vendors 3 hrs before regular public
Exclusive raffle with prizes
The VIP tickets raffle returns next year
Working on new benefits at the pre-party
Advance notice of date of the festival for hotel booking
Guaranteed ticket for the next year (I anticipate a return to the quick sell-out based on lineup)

cheers,

Glenn

WOOOOHOOOOO a sellout because of the line-up hmmmmmmmmmm i wonder who is on the line-up, is it time for the cryptic clues Mr. Glenn???

Harvester said:
Gold Badge-

Entrance to venue 1 hr before regular public
Entrance to vendors 3 hrs before regular public
Advance notice of date of the festival for hotel booking
Guaranteed ticket for the next year (I anticipate a return to the quick sell-out based on lineup)

cheers,

Glenn

Those four are very significant. Getting in early means no waiting in line. Even if you don't get in early, you generally don't have to wait in line if you have a gold badge. Getting into the vendor area three hours early means you can shop, then take your haul back to your hotel and still be back in time for the first band (you don't have to carry your stuff around all night).

In addition, keep in mind that without gold badge sales this show would not be possible. The extra cost of the gold badges helps Glenn cover expenses. So in effect, you are a PP sponsor.

Harvester said:

cheers,

Glenn
:OMG: Oh hell I look forward to this

I thought he already had the lineup finished! (In his head at least.)

Glenn can parse his words VERY carefully...so did you notice that he did not use any words like "TENTATIVE" or "PROPOSED" or "PRELIMINARY"??????????????

DAMN MAN, you are one organized motherfucker! :worship:

IMHO getting in early doesn't really matter much unless you want to get one of the primo seats or want to be on the very front row of the floor at center stage. I've never found the need to go in way early. Getting into the vendor area early can be nice because some things may sell out plus it gives you more time to take stuff back to your room.

For me though the main reasons to get a Gold Badge are that I never have to worry about purchasing a general admission ticket before they sell out; I know I've got my ticket reserved every year. Plus none of my money goes to TicketBastard, instead it goes to help with the advanced funding Glenn needs to make this show happen.

jkohn said:
; I know I've got my ticket reserved every year. Plus none of my money goes to TicketBastard, instead it goes to help with the advanced funding Glenn needs to make this show happen.

Not to mention the fact that after you add the cost of the regular ticket plus the Ticketmaster charges, the difference in cost between a regular ticket and a gold badge is less than $20.

Glenn

jkohn said:
Getting into the vendor area early can be nice because some things may sell out plus it gives you more time to take stuff back to your room.

This is my favorite perk... I like the idea of doing my shopping, dropping off my merch, getting something to eat, and THEN heading to the venue. I don't like to sit during the show, because the seats there hurt my ass, and I don't care about being up on the rail.

jkohn said:
IMHO getting in early doesn't really matter much unless you want to get one of the primo seats or want to be on the very front row of the floor at center stage. I've never found the need to go in way early. Getting into the vendor area early can be nice because some things may sell out plus it gives you more time to take stuff back to your room.

...or your car. ;) Since I live within an hour's drive of the venue, I can take my stuff back to the car. Same idea though and a great point. And until Pyramaze opened the show this year, I also never have had a reason for being 'on the rail' for the first band.

jkohn said:
For me though the main reasons to get a Gold Badge are that I never have to worry about purchasing a general admission ticket before they sell out; I know I've got my ticket reserved every year. Plus none of my money goes to TicketBastard, instead it goes to help with the advanced funding Glenn needs to make this show happen.

another great point. It's like you were speaking for many of us, bro. And if I may preach a little bit here... I opted out of PPUSA IV due to not caring for a majority of the lineup. Looking back, I now kick myself in the ass for doing without a gold badge for two years straight. I'm back on the list now and they're damn right about having to wait for someone to die to get on the list. I'll be in the ground and cold before I give up another ProgPower gold badge spot. :heh: I don't care who gets booked! :p