Sponsors/Endorsers

Eligos

Problem Yet to be Solved
Jun 2, 2008
Great Plains of the U.S.
www.myspace.com
Hey, does anyone know any guitar/bass or amp manufacturing companies that would be apt to sponsor Kastigation after we record some new material? Halo and Monson already look promising.

Crusher Destroyer, a band we are friends with, is sponsored by Madison Amps, but when I inquired about a sponsorship with them, they said we had to be signed to a label.

Don't you need to be kind of a badass to get sponsored? Like, do some beastly guitaring or whatnot? And also maybe have more than a random demo out?
I'm curious as to how this works. And what do you get? Money? Free equipment? Or just your name on a website?

There are a few local/low national Colorado bands that are sponsored by various companies. As stated before, Crusher Destroyer is sponsored by Madison Amplifiers. Execration, to my knowledge, is sponsored by Jackson, and And Hell Followed had a guitarist who was sponsored by Monson.

Sponsorships, iirc, are contracted for a certain amount of years, during which you get either free or heavily discounted merchandise (Bal-Sagoth is sponsored by a weaponry company) in exchange for publicity.

I'm not sure how much it has to do with talent. Many of the sponsored artists I've looked into were sub-par.

Why don't you look at the lists of unsigned bands with sponsorships, find ones at your level of popularity, and ask them how they did it?

Also, most companies have guidelines about how to get sponsored. You typically need a press kit, a demo, newspaper/review clippings, and a list of confirmed tour dates.

We're actually setting up a press kit, and the reason we're waiting until after we record is so that we'll have a better representation of our music to include in press kits wherever we may send them.

As for tours... Maybe this summer.