Spring tour dates for LORDI in North America announced

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
http://www.theendrecords.com/label/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=790&Itemid=49

Spring tour dates for LORDI in North America announced
Finland’s monster rock n’ roll band LORDI, who will release The Arockalypse March 20, 2007 on THE END RECORDS, have announced several dates of their upcoming inaugural tour of North America.

The 'monster invasion' will start April 20th, 2007 in Anaheim, California at House of Blues and end with a two-night stint at the Bamboozle music festival in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
On the topic of being excited to tour in North America for the first time, frontman Mr. Lordi says, "Yeah of course. That’s goes without saying. I’m really anxious to see how the audiences are gonna react to us. From our point of view touring the States is like ‘coming home.’ I know it sounds weird for a Finnish band to say that but we are often described as the ‘most American band’ in Finland. [laughs] You see all of our influences, mostly musical and visual, come from the States, so… we’re keeping our fingers crossed."
The following confirmed dates and venues are:
04/20/07 - Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
04/21/07 - Hollywood, CA @ Avalon
04/22/07 - San Francisco, CA @ Slims
04/24/07 - Denver, CO @ Gothic Theatre
04/27/07 - Chicago, IL @ Metro
04/28/07 - Detroit, MI @ Harpo's
05/01/07 - Montreal, QUE @ Le Spectrum
05/02/07 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
05/03/07 - Baltimore, MD @ Recher Theatre
05/05/07 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Bamboozle
05/06/07 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Bamboozle

Tickets for the Chicago date are on sale tomorrow.

oh, badass! I bet their show would be so much fun. Here's hoping for an Atlanta date.

Kind of doubt it. It sounds like the fest is the last show of their tour with no plans on adding shows afterwards. Prior to that, the only free dates are between shows out west. I'll probably skip this as the Bamboozle fest is the closest thing to me besides Montreal and I don't really care to see My Chemical Romance or Linkin Park nor travel into Canada.

Kind of doubt it. It sounds like the fest is the last show of their tour with no plans on adding shows afterwards. Prior to that, the only free dates are between shows out west. I'll probably skip this as the Bamboozle fest is the closest thing to me besides Montreal and I don't really care to see My Chemical Romance or Linkin Park nor travel into Canada.

I'm so glad they finally tour over here!! I'll be there in Montreal. Lordi rules.

Hrm... this is turning out to be a pretty decent summer. Get to see Lordi in May, new King Diamond comes out in June, then Mayhem in July. I'm pretty pumped.

Oh and 1st post goodness.

Hrm... this is turning out to be a pretty decent summer. Get to see Lordi in May, new King Diamond comes out in June, then Mayhem in July. I'm pretty pumped.

Oh and 1st post goodness.

The new King Diamond comes out in June? I hadn't even heard about that but I'm gonna go investigate this right now! Now if I can only convince Abigail to let me use the PC.... :headbang:

Lordi are known for not saving pyro effects, crackers and bombs if only the venue meets the strictest fire security standards and has got a licence for using accepted indoor (theater) fireworks. Too bad they're obviously forced to leave their arsenal out of the shows due local fire safety and explosives regulations. :erk:

Can't even imagine them trying to haul (legal&licenced) theater explosives over the US borders during these paranoid times :lol: - Actually they might have enough trouble explainig the monster costumes to the security at airports: "Ehrm, sir, actually it is my work suit" :zombie:

:lol: :p