SQUADRON - 80's Chicago power metal band

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Anyone familiar with this band?
They only released one proper LP and a demo tape that was later re-released on CD, called FATAL STRIKE.

I was lucky enough to see them once way back in the day in a crappy Chicago suburban club.

Anyhow, hadn't thought about them in a very long time.

Yeah I saw those guys back in 88 or 89 at some club in Palatine I think.They may have played with "the Plague".A talented bunch of guys I must say.

Yeah I saw those guys back in 88 or 89 at some club in Palatine I think.They may have played with "the Plague".A talented bunch of guys I must say.

Right on! You used to be from the Chicago burbs?
Was the club in Palatine Durtie Nellies by any chance?

I have seen SQUADRON at McGreevy's in Glenview, if you recall that place.

I have seen the Plague. I went to grammaar / high school with the lead singer's sister actually.

Crap bud I really can't remember which club that was and yes I used to live in the surrounding burbs.Troy from the Plague seemed to be a really cool guy,matter of fact that show I attended in Palatine was some kinda
benefit for abused children with Squadron and the Plague.It was a great time.
So hey whats Troy's sister like? Crazy as him?

This the (former) drummer from Squadron.
Fatal Strike was a compilation of two different "era's" 1985 with bassist Paul Sroczinski (now in cover band VVX) and 1988 Tom Heslin (see Facebook)and was released in 1989.
We auditioned bassists and ended up with Brent Sullivan (Slaughter Xtroyes) and released a 3 song EP Tape "Stormin' The Desert" in 1990. We played the "Thirsty Whale", "Chances R", "Iron Rail" some bar on Dundee in Palatine, "Stay Out West"Thursday nite free beer and pizza for 103 minutes
and a few others, we ended up disbanding in 1992.

Yeah Squadron,
My first band of all time Asylum played with guys at the Thirsty Whale.
We thought Squadron was the best thing since sliced bread, loved the whole band, and , their song writing. I was the lead guitar player in Asylum songwriter. We’re goin way back.
I was 19 then. I went on to form bands Slothead and Mortal Mess. Slothead was 90’s
Mortal Mess 2010.
We Loved Squadron
Killer demo, you can find it on iTunes

Right on! You used to be from the Chicago burbs?
Was the club in Palatine Durtie Nellies by any chance?

I have seen SQUADRON at McGreevy's in Glenview, if you recall that place.

I have seen the Plague. I went to grammaar / high school with the lead singer's sister actually.
The club you might be thinkn of was Chances R
My old band also played that club
One of the better ones from back in the day
Wow how things have changed
No pun intended
-Rich