SSD4 update news

Jan 10, 2005
Hi Folks!

This newsletter is to inform you of what's going on here at the Slate Camp regarding SSD4.

First and foremost, the current version of SSD4 has RAM issues.. including being a general RAM hog, and also having a bug where RAM is not released after closing the program, causing crashes.

Both of these issues have been FIXED. For RAM usage, even those of you without high RAM computers will be able to select "Medium" and "Low" Ram settings. This will not make the sound much different at all, but will be much easier on your machines. If your DAW has offline export, you can switch back to "High" Ram settings.

We have a new "SAVE MIXER OUTPUTS" tab which will save your custom mixer routing to your DAW so you don't have to constantly redo this with each preset loaded. Very handy and time saving feature. Note that if you load a kit with more snares than the previous kit, you will still have to choose the output of the new snare, but overall you've saved a lot of time.

Sync To Tempo: Fixed.. all grooves will play at the BPM of your project.

Grooves: It's become very clear that a lot of you RELY on quality grooves, so we're ready to bring it. Jerry Lyons is currently taking requests for ideas and songs at the SSD Forum. Here is the link:
http://www.stevenslatedrums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3762

We also will be working with other drummers to provide a large, and FREE, groove library.

I/O MAP: This is the final frontier of really making SSD4 kickass. We have created a great system for making the I/O system easier and more sophisticated. You'll soon be able to load various I/O maps from other drum softwares, and it will trigger all SSD4 formatted drums perfectly. Its taking a bit more time since we had to completely reprogram this section, but it'll be worth it in the end.

I'm gonna release the SSD4 update MINUS the new I/O Map section very soon. The new I/O Map section will take another two weeks or so after that.

SUPPORT: Our support system is back on track. I'm hearing most users are getting replies within 24hours, sometimes shorter. I truly apologize to the people that did NOT receive this type of support over the past few months. It won't happen again.

I'm super backed up on email over at slate@stevenslate.com since I was away on the road for three weeks over the past two months, but I promise I will get to all of you, so keep sending me your comments, suggestions, music, ideas, or just say "hey".

And last.. SSD4 has some MAJOR surprises coming. I'm talking about some really cool things that are gonna make you very happy your purchased it. That's all I can say for now.

Happy Drumming,

Steven Slate

Wonder what the major surprise is... :err:

Still not going to use it till they give us the I/O Maps. Too lazy to map it to where I want it myself, when I have plenty of other great drum plugins that are mapped correctly from stock.

Interested to see the new stuff though, just hope I don't have to spend even more money...

+1

which are you using AU/VST/32/64bit?

64 bit VSTi with 64 bit Reaper in Windows 7 and 64 bit AUi on OSX Lion. Happens with both versions. Not sure if there are any similar issues with other DAWs.

EDIT: It's even less responsive in Logic 9 with the 32 bit AU. The SSDSampler FX window seems to only pop up once in a while when I double click it, and for times that it does appear, it'll take its sweet time to show up. I suppose once it's routed and everything it isn't such a huge deal, but I certainly do spend some time from within the instrument window.